Last night, husband and I were preparing dinner. We had banished the kids to the basement because they are slightly less than helpful when they are in the kitchen during dinner preparations. They were watching Aladdin and everything was going fine until Big sister came up the stairs in tears. She grabbed Husband's hand and said that little sister had done something "really bad to the wood." Big sister was seriously upset. So Husband went down to see what happened:
Apparently, little sister had been standing on the side of our beautiful entertainment center from IKEA, and pulling the door open with all her might. Grrr. This set came with a key, which meant we could lock it, which is why we loved it so much! But then little sister lost the key awhile ago and we had to take the locking mechanism off. I found the key a week or so ago, and we meant to put the lock back on, but now it is too late. So really this is my fault... We're not sure if it is repairable or if we will be heading back to IKEA to replace the whole thing.

4 comments:
The terrible twos are only preparation for the unspeakable threes. Unspeakable, because this is the part that most parents tend to block out? I hope that IKEA will let you just buy the door.
and holy cow, she could have broken the glass!
3Three is WAY worse than Two. At Two when they misbehave they are still pretty innocent. At Three...they are naughty on purpose!
I like you and your little family, but I cringe to imagine what would happen if your second daughter EVER met up with my second daughter. I'm thinking the apocalypse. Good luck fixing the wood.
Post a Comment