Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trying not to cry...

We were eating dinner tonight when I looked over and noticed there was a chunk of hair missing from little sister's ponytail. I also noticed it was done in such a way that there was no way little sister could have done it herself. Big sister tried to tell us that little sister must have just found the scissors. After threatening to cancel her princess birthday party this Saturday, she started crying and told us that it was her head's fault because it wasn't thinking right. Yup. She used the insanity plea. I wanted to make big sister go with us to Great Clips and make her get her hair cut like little sister's, but daddy thought that wouldn't be fair to the stylist who would have to carry out the punishment on a crying little girl. So I let Daddy take care of the punishment while I took little sister to get her hair fixed. Little sister thought it was great fun and was all smiles the whole time. The haircut is cute, but I miss the long hair. I'm trying not to cry as I post this:

3 comments:

The Simpers said...

This probably serves as a notice to remove my sissors from my junk drawer which my two year old can get too. I remember a few times we played barber shop when I was growing up. I am sure it is going to happen to my girls one day too!! Mia still looks adorable!!

Scooby and Jon said...

She does look pretty cute with the short hair!
and I have to give props to Brynn for blaming her head for not thinking right.

Harriet Toothfighter said...

My children cutting their own hair is one of my biggest fears in life. But she looks so cute! (I so feel for you. Ada asked for a haircut for her birthday so we took her to get a haircut and I just sat in total shock while her beautiful locks of curls landed on the floor. It still makes me sad.)