Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Cabin

We went to the cabin at the beginning of August. So now at the end, I'm finally getting around to posting. We had a great time! The kids swam a lot, loved riding the four-wheelers (almost as much as the adults!), had lots of yummy food, played in the well-stocked playroom, etc. etc. etc. It was so nice to be with Husband's family! We were there over his birthday, so we took a yummy chocolate cake up to celebrate. We also went into town Friday night to have dinner. There's one restaurant in the "town" of Fruitland. We were waited on by a woman who was probably in her 80's, and told us she and the cook were the only ones there. I felt bad, we were a rather large party of 13, including 5 small children! It was delicious, though. I had the yummiest steak and I think I saw the next night's dinner wondering around outside the restaurant in the pasture...Considering this tough old gal was all on her own serving us and the 4 or 5 other people there, it was amazing service, too! The kids swam every day, and slept great every night. There were countless rides on the four-wheelers, as well as a lot of fun on the go cart. Baby brother was content and slept well every night, so thank heavens for that!




Little sister jumping to daddy in the pool


Big sister is quite the swimmer with her arm floaties now!



Daddy is silly


It took 2 lighters to get Husband's candles all lit - but he did blow them out with one breath! Oh, and that chocolate cake was HEAVENLY!


Daddy and big sister riding the go cart


Big sister cuddling with Grandpa



Brother loved having lots of extra people to hold him.


He also liked this swing so much that we bought one for him when we got home.

No comments: