Thursday, August 27, 2009

Big sister - is she really that big?



It's a big week for big sister! We went this morning to meet her kindergarten teacher. She seems nice and big sister is dying of excitement for next Thursday when she officially starts kindergarten. She gets to ride a bus. I can see the school from our house, but it's a hazardous walking route, so off to the bus we go. She's very excited about that, also. She wanted her hair cut to her shoulders, so we got a haircut this week, too. It looks very cute on her and gets in her face a lot less. We'll see if she decides to keep it this way! She's started her new ballet class and is still loving ballet. There's only one other kid in her class, so it's almost like private lessons! She loves to help and has such a big heart. We sure love her!



Since big sister didn't get a friends birthday party this year (something about me having just had a baby...) we invited one of her friends to go to Lagoon with us for a day. Thanks to Grandma for taking the other kids! Here's the girls before we left, standing in front of the sunflowers big sister planted herself! They loved Lagoon. Big sister has a stomach for the free fall rides. They rode the dinosaur drop/ladybug bop 3 times. That one pulls you up about 40 feet, then drops you down. She squealed with delight! The girls were so well behaved, which is more than I can say for the little boy standing behind them on some of the rides. He tried to choke big sister with her own necklace once. He's lucky I just told him to knock it off and not touch her. I wanted to return the choking favor... Anyway, we took them to the waterpark and they loved that for about 30 minutes. The water was pretty cold. They also loved Rattlesnake Rapids, which is basically a whitewater raft ride. We didn't get too wet on the main ride, but we got SOAKED under the waterfall at the end. Big sis was in heaven! Her clothes were dripping wet and she wanted to go again! She's already starting to plan for next year!



And here's our little man, who's almost 4 months...Are you serious? 4 months? I'm excited to take him into the doctor to see what he weighs. I swear he'll outweigh little sister by the time he's 1.

And another one of the sisters in their new favorite dresses. Yup, they're spoiled!


1 comment:

Teresa said...

You have the cutest kids ever! I loved reading your posts and the cabin looks like so much fun! I'm glad that Brynn is loving school! They grow up way too fast.