If you know me at all, you know that I am not "crafty". In fact, I pretty much hate the whole crafting thing. Nobody has ever been able to convince me that I am good at it. Usually, IF I do participate in a craft at a church function, I can count on somebody saying "Wow, you're right. You're not really crafty, are you?" When I was younger, my mother made sure she taught us all how to sew. For me, the learning project was a jumper. By the time I finished it, the jumper fit my younger sister, who is younger by 4 1/2 years. I didn't enjoy it and had no desire to sew anything else EVER again. Did I mention I hate crafts? So last October, my older sister Shaye brought me a pattern with some fabric that was leftover from a wedding that never happened. It was supposed to be flower girl dresses for her two youngest girls. She no longer has time to sew, not to mention that these are more little girls dresses and her girls have grown out of that phase. She thought it would be great fun for ME to sew dresses for MY girls! Fabulous idea, right? Well, whatever. I worked really hard not to curse at her under my breath as I have worked on these since December. With a lot of help from my wonderful mother (who, I'm sure, got really sick of hearing "okay, now what do I do?") I was able to complete these two Easter dresses for my girls. B LOVES that hers twirls really well and shows everyone. I even managed to make some matching hairbows. So take a good look, because I truly will never do this again. And a HUGE thanks to my mom, without whom this really wouldn't have happened.


Here's a quick video of the highlight of our Easter Egg hunt. The Easter bunny fills our plastic eggs and sets them out for Saturday morning, so that Sunday can be more reverent. The girls each got a cute bouncy ball. They loved watching Daddy play with their bouncy balls more than they enjoyed playing with them on their own. Yup, he's a talented man!
7 comments:
I love the dressed! Who says your not crafty!! :)
You should be proud that you finished them--after all I gave all this to you to make me feel a little less guilty for not finishing them--and it worked! I feel so much better--look how cute they look! (And since the girls will wear these at church you probably should stop cussing at me under your breath every time they wear them!)
or at least make sure it's under your breath so that the girls don't repeat it during sacrament.
Wow, good job with the dresses. I like to craft, but I could start doing that and would STILL not have any cute dresses to show for it. lol You should see my Barbie clothes attempts.
So Cute! Whatever about the talent part. Those dresses are adorable!
I think I made the exact same dress for my girls when they were younger. You did do a good job, and they are very cute. some of us who have been sewing for a long time still ask, "what do I do next?" I think it is part of sewing.
wow! Great job!
Post a Comment