Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Adventures of Monday night

Our Monday night was a little crazy. I wish I could say it was because of Family Home Evening, but that so did not happen last night. I got a call sometime late afternoon. Long story short, my niece had missed her flight from here to NV and needed
1)a place to stay for the night and
2)somebody to take her to the airport in the morning

There were a lot of phone calls going on trying to coordinate everyone/everything involved. I was trying to get my kids fed, fold laundry, bathe my kids, blah blah blah. So I went in to turn on the water for the kids bath and then left to answer yet another phone call. When I got off the phone, I returned to folding clothes and then heard a splash followed by M's cry...I rushed into the girls' bathroom and found the following




I think she found it very disconcerting that her shoes were wet. She would not move, she just stood there crying. I took a quick video (who could resist capturing this one?) and then I helped her get her clothes off. She was then thrilled to take her bath. Maybe she'll be a little more patient next time...

And here is the only picture I could get of my niece's brief stay. She was asleep but woke up at the last second and turned her head. Typical 15 year old!

I must say, it was quite the adventure taking her to the airport this morning. Getting the kids and our stroller and everything through security so I could accompany her to the gate was a TON of fun! Really, it wasn't that bad. Fortunately it wasn't too busy and the kids were cooperative, as they usually are in public. We'll see if the 3 miles of walking now throws me into labor, though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you still managed to look fabulous in your yellow sweater, AND generally just good, and well rested :)

LewisMom said...

Did I mention that I REALLY appreciate you taking care of Cedie! And that I really hope that it doesn't throw you into labor early!

CCmomma said...

You are the best Aunt! Can't wait to see baby I!