I'm sure every person who has ever been just starting out, whether single or married, can appreciate how excited we are to have a new bedroom set! It has been very nice while we were broke college students to have the dressers from our childhoods, as well as the bed Husband's mother so kindly bought us for Christmas the first year we were married. But we decided for our Anniversary back in June that we were going to finally get a really nice bedroom set. We first saw this furniture in a store at a local mall and were totally in love with it, but thought we should shop around to make sure we got a good deal. Good thing we did, 'cuz the place at the mall closed without warning and there was a report on the news that people weren't getting their furniture. After a LOT of searching, I finally found it online! So we bought it and have been waiting all summer for it to arrive. We got it yesterday! It took forever, but we love it. We are looking forward to the day (probably 10 years from now) when we have rooms finished in our basement and we can move our computer desk out of our room! We got two nightstands, a dresser with mirror, a chest of drawers, and of course our bed. The bed has two extra drawers at the foot, so hurray for more storage space! I have one itty bitty complaint, which has to do with my height in relation to the height of the bed. The new trend in beds seems to be the higher the better. I am going to have to buy a stool so I can get into my bed. I have the feeling, the more pregnant I get, the more difficult it will become. The top of the bed hits me about three inches above my belly button! The bed in the store was not this high, but oh, well. I still LOVE it! Oh, and they sent the wrong sized slats, so we used 2x4's from our basement project so we could put our box springs and mattress on the bed so we can sleep on it until the company sends the right ones. Thanks for the idea dad! Anyway, this post has gone on long enough...Suffice it to say, our furniture is very nice and we love it!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

4 comments:
Beautiful! And it looks great in a room that has real walls and not cinder block! Good luck getting in and out. You're going to get a work out.
Hooray for pretty new furniture! I may have to come see.
Spring, Aaron will just have to carry you to bed every night. OK, the bed height thing is a little silly. Are we growing exponentially taller? Anyhow, I love it!
very nice!
Post a Comment