Some of you probably remember that when we got pregnant with B, Husband said it would be fun if she was born on Mother's Day. Even though she was due 3 days later, that is when she came. It may have something to do with my Sister dragging me to eat Mexican food and then walking all over the mall AND Super Target, which put me into labor. (I still remember my niece patting my head and saying "Just breathe" and looking at her mom like she'd love to be anywhere else!) Thanks Sis. It was rather nice to become a mother on Mother's Day. A local news station even came to do a short story on mother's having babies on Mother's Day. So we were on the news. I had not had a chance to shower or even brush my hair, so I looked LOVELY. I really did not mind that B was born on Mother's Day, it was actually kind of sweet.
FAST FORWARD 5 years. I enjoy NOT spending Mother's Day in the hospital. I like breakfast in bed, with sourdough pancakes and sausage and milk, as opposed to the popsicle (I don't even LIKE popsicles!) I had for breakfast when I was in labor with B. I like going to church and hearing the talks about mother's, I like going to Primary and hearing all the children talk about their moms. I like having a nice dinner with our families. HOWEVER. It is extremely likely that I will spend my next Mother's Day in labor or recovering from the results of labor. That's right, you heard me. I am pregnant with our 3rd child and my due date is MOTHER'S DAY! May 10, 2009. Husband just had to make the comment that it would be fun to have another Mother's Day baby! Those of you who know Husband, know he usually gets his way. He wanted B born on Mother's Day, that's when she was born. We planned an induction with M so that Aaron could be there despite his rotation schedule with school. I went into labor the morning of my induction, so even though I went in as scheduled, they put me down as spontaneous labor. These babies come when Husband wants them to. WHY do I not get a say? I have to grow them for 9 months! Maybe I'll get lucky. B was a few days early and M was a whole week early, so maybe this one will come a little early, too. Who knows, maybe I will get a real breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. B is very excited and hopes that the baby will be born on her birthday, which is May 9. Apparently I get pregnant on very specific dates in August... So anyway, that is the end of my rant. We are very excited for this new little baby, although M can't express feelings yet so we don't know her opinion! I have been very sick with this pregnancy, so if our blogs are few and far between and I don't leave comments on your blogs, it's not 'cuz I don't like you. I'm just trying not to throw up and that is very time consuming.
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

14 comments:
Hurray! I just love the Beck babies. I'm excited for you, but for your sake I hope you get a nice Mother's Day. I wish I could be there to take your kids while you aren't feel well- that is no fun. Take care!
Your Dad says, "Try not to think of it as Mother's Day. Try to think of it as the commemoration of the joining and completion of the Transcontinental Railroad (1869)."
Congratulations! I hope you start feeling better.
I don't think that school gets out until the week after Mother's Day so I doubt I'll be around to drag you around SuperTarget this time. Maybe I can go eat some Mexican food in your honor and throw you into labor a week or two before Mother's Day???
Congratulations guys! That's great. Actually my cute little sister was born on Mother's Day AND on May 9th so Brynn is in good company. ;) We loved having our Mother's Day baby in our house. That's awesome for you and good luck with the morning sickness. I hope it won't last too much longer for you.
Congradulations!! That is so exciting!! I hope everything goes well and that you start feeling better soon!! That can be a real pain, sick with kids, I can't imagine with two!!
Congrats!!! I COMPLETELY understand about mother's day!! I was born on May 10th and it's a good thing that I don't live in Central/South America (and anywhere else that celebrates Mother's day only on May 10th. I'm glad it changes it here :) If I can help in anyway - let me know!
Yeah! Congrats. We are excited for you guys! When do you find out that it's another girl? J/K. I hope for your sake that the baby comes a little early.
If it is on Mother's Day you are going to be on the news again. Pack your bags and arrange for a hairdresser!
congratulations! We have the same type of thing- my two had the same due dates in November. Ezra was a week early though, and Eliza two weeks- so their birthdays are a week apart! We've made an extra effort not to have all our babies the same week though, and hopefully can have a few in some of the other months of the year!
YEA!!! Congratulations!! August must be your fertile time! So happy for you guys! Hope you get feeling well soon!
Congrats Spring and Aaron! This is so exciting. I wish the morning sickness on nobody. ugh. hang in there
How awesome. I was hoping for a spring to late spring due date but i didn't even get knocked up so, i'm trying this coming spring for a fall baby! Are you going to find out this time?
Spring I am so excited for you! Hope you start feeling better. We need to get together! You need to come see our new place, I'll give you a call soon. Sorry things have been a little crazy lately, I started doing a nanny job three days a week so we're still adjusting to our new schedule. Take care and take care of that baby "boy" (sorry I'm only hoping for you). I know you'll do the same for me when it's my turn again. Maybe this time around you can make a boy for our little girl.
Post a Comment