Husband and I canned tomatoes from our own garden Friday night! I know, we are wild and crazy on Friday nights. I have inherited my mom's canning supplies and we had all these tomatoes in our garden so we canned them. They turned out very nicely, if I do say so myself. Oh, and when I say Husband and I, I mean that B and I picked the tomatoes, I washed them and the bottles, scalded and skinned and cut the tomatoes (REALLY missed Big sister squirting tomato juice in my eyes) and put them in the bottles. Husband ran the pressure cooker. Oh, and stopped at Wendy's on the way home from work to get us dinner. That was really important! I was starving and didn't have time to stop to actually make dinner! We even used some in our spaghetti Saturday night. Yum. I'm excited to get the dehydrator and make fruit leather from our apricots and also to can peaches when the trees we planted this spring start bearing actual fruit!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

7 comments:
Woohoo spring! I am so excited for you. I WISH I had my own garden, but stealing from my mom will work right now. :)
Spring, that's awesome! Last week I tried a few different stores before I found a decent tomato. It actually made me think of your garden, so if things come up missing...
Good times!!! I think the only thing I liked canning when we were little were (was?) the peaches...they taste pretty good after being boiled for a few seconds to remove the skin. Mmmm...
The tomatoes look beautiful. I could go on and on about how jealous I am of your garden. It looks like you guys are doing a great job!
Oh, and that was funny how you thought of me the other day to play the piano- minds are just funny sometime.
Oh fruit leather. Will you send me some?
Happy Birthday!
Spring & Aaron - you've been tagged! Check out our blog for instructions!
-Corey & Monica
Post a Comment