Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentines Weekend



Just a few pictures of us from last week - the Provo City Center Temple and us in our Broncos gear for the Super Bowl.  They won, even!  So much more fun to watch them win.  Anyway.

We had another crazy week around here.  On Tuesday night, as I was putting big brother to bed, he kept saying I needed to email his teacher.  I couldn't figure out what he was trying to say with that, so I just put him to bed.  Apparently he wanted me to email his teacher because he wasn't feeling very good.  He woke up with the stomach bug going full throttle in the morning, poor baby.  He couldn't stop.  I finally took him to the doctor and got some Zofran to help him be able to at least keep down liquids.  He missed his Valentine party in his class.  Fortunately our cute neighbor came and got his valentines to deliver and rounded up the ones from his classmates for him, so he wasn't completely left out.  I am a terrible mother and couldn't keep track of which child was supposed to bring their own "mailbox" and which ones were making their own in class.  For the record, big brother was making his at school, little sister and little brother needed to make theirs at home.  I remembered about big brother, forgot about little brother.  He had a brown paper sack with his name on it that I put his valentines for his friends in.  LOL Fortunately he's a boy and didn't care.  little sister, fortunately, did remember on her own.  Husband helped her make a cute box with a trap door and they even found an old knob from a drawer to stick in the trap door so it could be opened and closed.  She was thrilled, go Husband !  Thursday night we went to Leatherby's for an ice cream date.  Mmmm, cheese fries and a hot fudge sundae with nuts and whipped cream.  Yum.  Friday, everyone was off school except little sister.  Which was good because Husband's Uncle passed away last week and the funeral was friday.  Good thing Big sister was home to babysit.  It was a nice funeral.  The Bishop shared a message on the atonement.  Its just so reassuring to hear those comforting words.  Such a beautiful message.

Saturday morning, bright and early, I went with the youth to the temple.  I got up at 4:45, so it was more early than bright.  I got to help hand out towels at the font again.  I managed to make sure everyone ended up in the correct locker room, so yay for me.  After I got home, we started off our family Valentines weekend extravaganza.  The kids are off on Monday for Presidents Day, so we're doing fun stuff to make the most of it.  We went swimming at the rec center Saturday afternoon.  The kids had a blast and wore themselves out.  I love family time.  We had dinner with Scooby and her family Saturday night - chicken carbonara.  Yummy.  I bought the big chocolate Costco cake and made homemade ice cream.  We played a board game with the kids and called it a night.  


Today in church the girls got to sing a musical number with the activity day girls.  It was beautiful. 
       

No comments: