Sunday, October 18, 2015

Fall Break

The kids had their fall break this weekend.  It was most welcome - we all needed a break!  Little sister is off track, but it was nice to have the others out of school.  I really should've planned something big and taken pictures, but I kinda just wanted to be home.  Plus Daddy had to work, which makes me less adventurous with all 4 kids by myself.

Last Tuesday was my dad's birthday.  We met him and Aunt Scooby and her kids at the mall for lunch. The kids were in heaven.  We gave grandpa the gift of going skydiving, so it was fun to watch him open his present.  We have instructed him that he is not allowed to die when he jumps out of the plane.  Just covering our bases, haha!  Wednesday night we got a babysitter and I took big sister out to dinner.  She was nominated as student of the week by her science teacher.  Go big sister!  So celebrations were in order.  Big sister loved going to Zuppas.  Yummy Nuts about Berries salad and tomato basil soup.  She was one happy girl!  Aunt Scooby and her kids came over Thursday for piano lessons and we made sugar cookies.  The kids always have fun frosting them.  And playing with cousins always rocks!  Friday was kind of a lazy day.  The kids cleaned up a bit, we watched some movies.  We had to record the BYU game for daddy since he was working, but it was fun to watch the game after he got home.  YAY for a win!  Saturday was a sleep-in kind of day.  For mom and dad, anyway.  We were both very tired, apparently.  I got up and got the kids something to eat around 7, and then went back to bed.  We didn't wake up until 9:30 when little sister came in and jumped on us.  Husband got up and took big sister on a date to breakfast, I couldn't drag myself out of bed until 10:30.  Oy.  The kids have been taking turns waking up between 3 and 4am every day the last few weeks.  It's really taking a toll.  It's gotten to where I don't even remember which one got up the previous night, I just know I got up with one of them.  I used to do this part just fine, but they've all been so good about sleeping through the night for so long that I'm not adjusted to that level of non-sleep.  Husband and big sister returned from their date armed with stuff for big sister's science fair project.  Testing the life of batteries in flashlights.  Those batteries are still going strong - should've used non-LED flashlights!  Husband and I made a quick getaway to the temple, and then home to make dinner and put kiddos to bed.  Potato soup was most appropriate on a rainy cold fall evening.  Husband put in It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown for the kids before we put them to bed.  We got them tucked in just as the U game was starting.  Big sister stayed up to watch since she was still watching her flashlights.  and YAY for another win!  I think we've finally convinced big sister that football is awesome.  Score another parenting point for us. 

No comments: