School is in full swing. Little brother finally got to go and he LOVES it! He's in a class with 8 other little boys and this is a great fit for him. He was less than thrilled with all the girls he had in our preschool co-op last year. Mommy gets to help out once a week and it's fun to be in the class with the kids. Exhausting, yes. But fun.
Goodness he's cute!!!
Labor Day we went for a hike with Husband's family. The kids had fun. We kept it pretty easy. Grandpa even kept up with his cane for a bit. The boys especially love their cousin Alex. He's the best cousin ever. He takes them for rides on his shoulders, holds their hands, and makes them feel important. He's a good egg, that boy. We finished up the day with a BBQ at Husband's sister's house, which was fantastic. Family time is awesome.
My kids are daredevils...
Little sister taking care of Uncle Matthew's hat for a bit.
It's not a hike unless we climb up the side of a cliff...
Daddy helped big brother, Uncle Matthew helped little brother. Little brother wasn't so sure about this whole thing, but he seems to have survived.
Grandpa grew pumpkins in his garden this year, of course, so the kids got to pick some. They also wanted a ride in the wagon.
Things are going well. I've ended up as the room mom for little sister's class. We did a Harry Potter Halloween party on Friday since they're off track for Halloween. I planned very little, the room mom from the other class planned it. It was a success and I loved seeing all the kids having so much fun. Little sister took a bit to find her groove - finishing her work in class is always a challenge. But she's getting it down now. Most days she's managing to finish most of her stuff in class. That's so big for her. Big sister has also had some adjusting to do. Junior High is definitely different from elementary. She's had some bumps and still has some figuring out to do, but we're getting there. For the most part, she is thriving. All her teachers told me how much they love having her in class when we did parent teacher conferences. That's always nice to hear! Big brother is thriving, as well. He's found a new girlfriend (yay?). I volunteer about once a week and the other kids seem to be accepting him as one of the tribe. I love that. He loves getting hot lunch - he can choose a salad every day if he wants and oh, how he loves salad! His teacher tells me he's doing great! He had his first field trip Friday. I'll admit I was nervous. After Little sister's getting lost at school experience, I have more anxiety about this stuff. Big brother apparently does, too. He was crying last Sunday night saying he didn't want to go to school. I was confused because he LOVES school! He usually jumps out of bed super fast on school days. I asked if he was nervous about the field trip and he said yeah. Mainly 'cuz he didn't know anything about the museum of natural curiosity. Of course this makes him very nervous. I talked to him and emailed his teacher to give her a heads up. She talked to him and he seemed to be excited. Still nervous, but excited. I was still nervous, but not showing it to him Friday morning. When I went to meet the bus, he got off with his group. The dad volunteer that was with him told me that big brother did great. As we drove home, big brother told me several times that he stayed with his group, so apparently they really drove that point home and he followed it. He had a marvelous time! Big things, people! Big things!

No comments:
Post a Comment