Good gracious, it's been over a month since I posted last. A lot has been going on, so I guess we've just been too busy to write it all down. Gotta restart somewhere.
Little brother is 3 1/2. We are finally seeing the end of the tunnel on this 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 phase that is just not my favorite. Although he did create a lake with his cousin last week. They took one of the buckets from the playroom and filled it up with water, then they dumped the water on the carpet. Oy. I think they filled the bucket multiple times. This is when we're glad we own our own carpet cleaner. Husband sucked up all the water he could, then we borrowed a fan from my parents so the carpet would dry without getting mildewy. There's still plenty of mischief in this boy, but he's getting better about obeying. Most of the time. He is currently obsessed with suckers of any kind. Especially the red kind. He stole a bunch from big sister's valentine box. Husband and I felt bad, so we bought her some new ones. We only gave her a few from the bag, and little brother discovered where husband put the bag. He asks for one every morning. We tell him only one per day. When he asked me for a 2nd one the other day, I said no. Then I found him pulling the chair from the office into our room so he could climb up and take care of this whole sucker-thing himself. When I caught him he gave a guilty little laugh and started putting the chair back. Imp.
A few weeks ago for our Ward Conference the kids were acting out different church things in primary. His sunbeam class was acting out tithing, so they put an adult-sized suit coat on him so he could portray the Bishop and the other kids could hand him their tithing. I wasn't there, but Husband was substituting in little sister's class and said it was hilarious. He just stared at the floor - the expression on his face clearly said he was NOT happy about being the Bishop. (Smart boy - who really wants that job? lol!) When little brother finally saw Husband smiling at him, the expression changed to "Don't you dare make me smile! I'm NOT smiling!!!" Which was even funnier. So cute. Unfortunately, he now has a little PTSD. He really didn't like being in front of everyone and the center of attention. Mainly 'cuz it wasn't his idea. So he's thrown a fit about going to class every week since then. He keeps asking his teacher "We don't have to go up to the front this week, right?" Poor kiddo. 2 weeks ago he just completely fell asleep in her lap. It's a good thing he has such fantastic teachers. I thought he'd freak out when it was his turn to say the prayer at the end of primary in front of everyone, but that went fine. Funny boy.
P.S. we discovered this week that he still says Jingle Bells "Twinkle Bells"
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment