I don't really have any new pictures to post, but if I don't write down what we've been up to I'll forget it all. That nasty cold we were all fighting continued to be nasty for way too long. On top of it, 3 of the kids also got a stomach bug. I find that very unfair. If you have a sore throat, a horrible cough that really hurts your chest, fever, head and body aches, you shouldn't have to throw up on top of that. Sadly life isn't fair. Most of this all hit at the same time. Bad and not so bad - at least while I wasn't feeling up to dealing with overly-energetic children, the kids were just as happy as me to sit around and watch movies. So while being sick really, really, really sucked, I won't complain about extra cuddle time. The kids all ended up missing some school. Little sister seems to always get hit the hardest. She's such a tiny thing that I don't think she has much in the way of reserves. She went back to school for a couple days only to have to stay home again. The last day she was better in the sick-kiddo department, but she was just wiped out. Fortunately, Husband managed to ward it off. He had a few days where he could feel it coming on, but he kept doing his running on the treadmill and getting plenty of rest. I think that really helped him and that's why he never got it really bad. This week everyone seemed to be better, but now big brother is starting again and little brother woke up with a fever of 102, nasty cough and that lovely stomach thing - he hadn't gotten the stomach bug yet. Darn it. Thankfully we had a leftover Zofran prescription that our doctor gave us when Big sister had the throw-ups 4 days before we went to Disneyland last year. We didn't need it then, but we've sure used it this month! I'm glad we switched doctors a few years back - our previous pediatrician wouldn't prescribe Zofran and that policy landed little sister in the ER. Anyway.
In non-sick-kiddo news, little sister got to visit the eye doctor last week. She has been far sighted for a while - she's worn glasses since she was 3. I was noticing that if she forgot to wear her glasses she didn't complain about headaches while doing homework. The eye doctor checked her eyes and says that she no longer needs the glasses because her eyes have corrected themselves. YAY! She's pretty excited about that. Big sister is very jealous. Her eyes are, to quote the doctor, "amazing." As in, her prescription is very hard to pin down. We tried to order glasses from glasses.com last year to save a little $. They said they couldn't do such a specialized prescription. Poor girly. I'm afraid she'll have to deal with the glasses or contacts until she's old enough to have the laser surgery. She is wanting to try contacts again this year - we'll see how that goes.
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment