Monday, March 2, 2015

more of the kiddos

Big brother turns 6 soon.  We are really glad that we made the decision to wait one more year for school.  He is doing so great.  His speech has improved a lot, along with his desire to try to communicate.  His confidence is constantly increasing.  Love that.  Just love it.  He is such a sweet little boy.  He loves to help.  He'll hang around the kitchen while I cook dinner and he'll help throw things away or get things out for me.  Yesterday, Husband went to pick him up from primary and he was putting all the chairs away.  He loves to cuddle, but you sure have to brace yourself when he decides he needs a hug.  He runs and jumps at you, and he's almost knocked the wind out of me a couple times.  I've had a few bruises on my hips, too.  Funny boulder of a boy!  He is still very obsessed with his ABC's.  He used to sing the regular alphabet song.  In preschool they learn a song that asks what each letter says followed by the sound(s) that letter makes.  He will sing that over.  and over.  and over.  and over.  It would be annoying except I know it's so good for him to review this stuff.  It's amazing the things he remembers.  He can't always communicate what's in his head, but every once in a while I realize he's talking about something that happened a few weeks or months ago, and he remembers everything about the situation he's talking about.  Small things for most 5 year olds, I guess.  But for him, I know he's always had that knowledge, but lacked the skills to inform us.  This boy never ceases to amaze me.  He never stops trying, and he smiles the whole way.  Sure love him!

No comments: