Friday, September 26, 2014

Disneyland Part 4

Wednesday was another Disneyland day.  The kiddos slept in a little bit more this day, which was nice.  It was far less crowded than Monday, and slightly cooler temperatures.  Thank heavens.  We headed back towards some of the rides we hadn't gone on.  The teacup line was non-existent, and the kids really wanted to go again.  I think we ended up doing this one a total of 6 times throughout the trip.  Husband took pictures and video while I took the kids.  After this ride, I noticed that the Alice in Wonderland ride was only a 10 minute wait.  It had been at least 30 minutes every time we passed on Monday, so we jumped on that one.  It was probably more like 5 minutes.  The kids liked this one (as long as big brother and little sister had their ears covered).   
 After Alice, we headed over to It's a Small World.  The song is definitely obnoxious, but for the most part the kids liked seeing all the different countries that were represented.  It's cute.  This picture sums up how big brother felt about anything that was even remotely loud:
 We then headed over to Toon Town.  We went on Roger Rabbit, which I think only big sister and little brother liked.  We wondered around a bit and let the kids play on the cars and the trolley:
 I then noticed the line to meet Minnie at her house.  Sweet!  We waited about 5 minutes, and we were next up when they told us she was taking a 5 minute break.  *sigh*  Minnie needs her break, too, I guess.  The kids were antsy, but thrilled when Minnie came back. 
 Next door at Mickey's, there didn't seem to be a line, so we went over there.  Another heads up would've been nice. Last time we met all the characters on the Main Street Plaza, kind of by chance.  Apparently Mickey's house in toon town is kind of an ordeal.  It's meant to be a very long line that snakes through his whole house AND his barn.  There isn't really anything saying that, so we just figured it was like Minnie's house.  She was right inside the front door.  Not so with Mickey.  We were about halfway through the house and everything stopped dead.  There were two rather large people in front of us that were doing their best to take up the entire hallway, and when I finally saw around them I saw that there was only 1 family in front of them.  Their baby was playing the organ and they were videoing, and the couple in front of us was taking pictures of absolutely everything in the hallway.  At this point we felt like we were clearly not meeting Mickey, and we just wanted out.  Claustrophobia and agoraphobia kind of go hand in hand, and I was struggling.  After about a minute, the picture taking and videoing were still going on, with no sign of it ever stopping.  Husband finally just told me to go around them.  At which point the big guy purposely moved so he was completely blocking our way.  Seriously.  People lose any manners they may have had in these situations.  So I pushed big sister through the small gap and we all followed after her.  We passed nobody else as we walked for about a minute.  When we got to Mickey's barn, we realized that this was where the real line was to meet Mickey.  You can exit, or get in line.  They take you back to see him one small group at a time.  The line moves very slowly, and our kids were getting ornery.  But we decided we'd come this far, we may as well stay.  We ended up being the last of a group, and the very rude people that had been in front of us got stopped right after we were let in.  I almost felt bad.  Almost.  When our turn came for pictures, our camera died.  The battery was DEAD.  ARRGGH!!!  We'd been checking the battery every morning, had a back-up charged and everything.  It was just back at the hotel.  This is where Disney's photopass became my real favorite thing. They have photographers all over the parks.  You can ask any one of them for a photopass card.  They take your picture, scan the card, and voila, your pictures are on the card.  I loved that I could have someone take pictures with my whole family so it looks like both Husband and I went on this vacation.  They'll also take photos with your own camera.  Anyway.  We have our photopass picture of Mickey.  I just haven't downloaded the photos yet.  After Mickey, we went back to the hotel for lunch.  After lunch, we headed back and got onto the Main Street Plaza just in time to see this guy:
 As you can see, little brother loved meeting Pluto!  After we took our picture, his handler told us we should head inside and visit with the characters in there.  She didn't say who, but told us there wasn't a line.  That's always happy news in Disneyland, so we headed in.  Oh, I was SO glad we did!  Look who we found:
 Little sister's dream came true!  Sleeping Beauty was standing right there with No. Line.  Awesome!!!!  We also got to meet Goofy:
 We then headed over to Tomorrowland to do the rides we hadn't done there yet.  We got a fastpass for Space Mountain so I could go with Big sister.  Then we took the kids on Buzz.  This was a favorite last time, and they all (with the exception of little sister) loved it this time.  We did it twice in a row.  The boys wanted to "shoot" again, but little sister was done.  So next we did the Astro Orbiters.  I think little sister's the only one who really likes that one.  Then we went over to Autopia and the kids got to drive cars.  The girls are never getting their driver's licenses, by the way.  haha!  By that point, it was time for the fastpass to Space Mountain, so Husband took the 3 littles and headed to Innoventions, which basically has a bunch of high-tech experiences/games.  You can meet Captain America, Thor, and see all the Iron Man Suits.  It's kind of hard to describe, but it's a lot of fun and it's air-conditioned.  WIN!  Unfortunately, Space Mountain was down, so we couldn't go on it.  So we just joined Husband at Innoventions.  At the top of the ramp to get in, there was a photopass photographer.  We took advantage of the view:
 The line for Captain America looked forever long, so we just went to the Iron Man exhibit.  The girls actually got to do the suit/flight simulation.  It's pretty cool.  Big brother wasn't feeling well, so I went and sat with him for a bit.  The other kids loved the Iron Man stuff. 
 Then they announced that the Thor experience was open.  So we got in line.  They packed us into a small room.  We thought we'd just get to meet Thor.  Nope.  It's an "experience."  Which means fog, flashing lights, loud noises.  They do this because they transport you to Asgard to meet Thor.  Unfortunately, that is all no good for our kiddos.  So we opted out.  The kids did a few of the high-tech games, and then they were getting hungry.  We headed back over to Main Street and got root beer floats and icees.  Husband was very sweet and got me my favorite thing - a caramel apple.  Don't know why I love those things, but I DO.  After eating, we went over and did Tarzan's treehouse.  The kids loved climbing up and down.  Then we headed over to do Pirates of the Caribbean.  We picked the correct line and got through really fast.  We were almost to the front when big brother started complaining that he really needed to use the bathroom.  I'd just taken him, so I knew this was a #2.  Great.  He said he could hold it, so we got on the ride.  AT which point we noticed that little brother was smelling pretty ripe himself.  Whatever.  We enjoyed the ride anyway.  After we got off we took big brother to the bathroom where he did nothing.  So much for an emergency.  Little brother, I discovered when I took him in to change him, had exploded all over himself.  Yay.  I did my best to clean him up, but he had to go with just a diaper the rest of the day, which did not make him happy.  Ah, well.  Fittingly, we then went to Winnie the Pooh.  haha!  The kids all seemed to like that one.  After that we went to the gift shop and got the most perfect birthday present for Aunt Summer.  It was almost parade time, so we went over to stake out our favorite spot again.  Husband went and got popcorn since big sister  had been begging since Monday to get popcorn.  I managed to get a picture of the Frozen float, thought it's not a very good picture.
While we waited for the parade, we were discussing what to do for dinner.  I finally suggested that Husband go to the IHOP right next to our hotel and get an order to go while I took the kids back to our room.  That worked out perfectly.  SO much cheaper than eating in the park.  Because we'd had such a late snack, the kids weren't hungry until then anyway.  I pulled up their website on my phone and wrote down an order and husband took big sister and went and got it while I got the other kids in their pajamas.  Another marvelous day over!

No comments: