Big brother turned 5! We celebrated his day with buttermilk pancakes and bacon in the morning, after which he took cupcakes to share at preschool. When he got home we ordered pizza and shared it with his favorite cousins. Yay for cousins! He loved playing with them for the afternoon. For dinner he wanted fries, so we went to Iceberg. He loved his corn dog. He really didn't eat very many fries. Funny boy.
This
little boy is always begging to not be alone when he sleeps. Little
sister let him sleep in her bed that night, and little brother invited
him to his room the next night. I think this is the first time the boys
have ever cuddled together for the night. It was adorable!
On Saturday we had a 2-for-the-price-of-1 birthday party for big brother and big sister. We let big brother open presents first since his birthday was first. He loved everything he got. He's not hard to please!
Big sister loved everything she got. I'm pretty sure her favorite was the Captain America movie grandma got her. She'd been begging to watch that one. Daddy even let her stay up late to watch it.
Little back story - when Husband and I got married, the reception hall rental included the cake. We chose the flavor and the style from books they had at the reception hall. I had no idea who had made it. Which made me sad, because it was honestly the best chocolate cake I'd ever eaten. Recently, when looking for a caterer for Cedie's wedding, I saw our cake on a website! I now knew who made it. It's actually the same bakery that did my sister Shaye's cake. The weekend of the party was crazy, and I knew I wouldn't have time to do a homemade cake. So I ordered two small cakes from Schmidt's Pastry Cottage. One chocolate and one white cake with raspberry filling. Their buttercream frosting is amazing. The kids loved their cakes and so did everyone else! We'll definitely be going back!
Today is big sister's 10th birthday. She requested sourdough pancakes and sausage for breakfast. I took her to Red Robin for lunch and she loved her hamburger. And Hawaiian haystacks for dinner. We sure love this big sister. She has a big heart and loves to help out. She frequently stays up WAY too late reading, which I can't get too mad about. I can't believe it's been 10 years! The next 10 better slow down for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment