Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Let birthday season commence...

 Little Sister had a family birthday party on Saturday.  Pizza, cake, ice cream and presents.  She was in heaven! She loved wearing her new yellow skirt, but was a little sad when I told her that the yellow shirt might be a bit too much yellow.  I don't think she believes there is such a thing as too much yellow.  She got lots of fun things, and is very excited for her copy of Frozen to arrive in the mail next week.  I was worried she'd be a little disappointed that all she got to open was a piece of paper saying we'd ordered it, but she was thrilled.  Here she is when I told her to smile...

 Big sister was so good at helping her with gift opening.
 She wanted a yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  When I asked her if she was excited about the cake, she rolled her eyes and said "Um, I only eat the frosting, mom.  I don't actually eat the cake."  So sorry! 
We sure love our little sister.  She is a fun little ball of sunshine!  She is sad that Daddy has to work on her actual birthday, but is convinced that if she writes something on the calendar then it will come to pass.  So she's crossed out his work notation that day.  Funny girl.

Little brother had a little nightmare one night.  I rocked him back to sleep and apparently rocked myself to sleep while I was at it...

The girls are off track right now and we are loving it.  With daylight savings, we are sleeping in a little bit.  SO nice!  The more we experience B track, the more I love it!  They did swimming lessons last week.  Big sister did awesome and gets to skip 2 levels next time we register her.  Her teacher was very impressed with how fast she learned.  Little sister needs to repeat her level, but she is excited because it is level yellow...She did go down the big slide, which she has always refused to do before.  She loved it, so I consider that successful!

We took big brother to Kindergarten Orientation.  We are switching schools because of boundary changes.  I wasn't super impressed with how it was run.  The staff that was helping me was actually kind of rude.  I'm hoping it was just those few people, not that the whole staff is that way.  There wasn't a whole lot of direction, and they didn't tell me where the meeting for the parents was while the kiddos were being looked after by student council and a few teachers.  I finally found it, but they were already 10 minutes into it.  So I missed a lot.  Big brother had a hard time at first, but fortunately my friend's daughter was there, so a familiar face helped.  After I left, he managed to have a good time.  But my debate still goes on.  At one point this week we were driving carpool and his little friends were discussing with Isaac how they can't really understand what he says.  Therein is my dilemma, my friends.  I just don't know what to do.  He is all there academically, maybe even a little advanced.  But he still can't talk.  That's the truth of it.  And he struggles to understand, still.  Kindergarten could leave him as a social outcast.  My heart hurts when that reality hits.  I'm looking into some different options this week.  His next IEP is in May.  This will be the big one with all of his team.  My plan is to go into the meeting with all my options explored.  Then I can discuss with the team what would be best for him.  Good luck to us all!

No comments: