Yesterday we did conferences for the girls. Big sister is doing well. The teacher is actually glad that she's talking more, because she's been so quiet all year. But big sister does need to remember that participating in class is more important. As usual, big sister's teacher loves her and thinks she's fantastic. Who wouldn't love my big-hearted big sister?
Little sister's was, as always, hilarious. She went and got her binder from her desk and brought it over to the table. She plopped the binder down, flopped into her chair and said "Ho-K, let's get this over with." Her teacher and I were cracking up. There were several more funny things like that, but I can't remember them all. I can never remember all the ridiculously funny things this girl says. Her teacher says that she's usually quiet, but every once in a while she just lets out something hilarious and has everyone laughing. I'm starting to think she really does take after her Daddy that way! Little sister is doing well, also. She gets distracted easily - "squirrel!" - but loves school and manages to finish things eventually.
Big brother is still throwing us for a loop. Every time I think I have things figured out for him, he shows me that I don't. One of the biggest obstacles in the way of him going to Kindergarten has honestly been the potty-training thing. Because we've tried SO many times over the last couple of years, I really didn't think our attempt while he was off-track from the special needs school would make any difference. But this time, it clicked. He hasn't had an accident since Friday, when he was at his cousin's house and distracted. He is taking himself every time, for #'s 1 and 2. Nothing short of Miraculous, friends. So now his biggest obstacle is gone. And where we were still leaning towards not sending him to kindergarten in the fall, now we're back to having no idea what's best for him. So we're also back to the wait-and-see approach. He's just so in between. Patience, he is teaching us patience!
Little brother is now obsessed with the Despicable Me movies. He loves to watch "Minny-uns" as he calls it. He cracks up at both movies. His favorite current phrase is "Big brother hit me." It's usually true, but it's usually deserved...These boys. Oy.
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

1 comment:
The cake's not yellow? Love your posts as always.
Post a Comment