Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday morning ramblings

Little sister is still sick.  We took her to the doctor yesterday and they think she has strep throat and it's affecting her GI tract.  Or it could just be a viral thing.  Still waiting on the strep results.  She's feeling a little better this morning and has eaten rice krispies, but since she hasn't really eaten for 3 1/2 days, she's still weak and lethargic.  Keeping her home again!

Big sister got her braces!  She did great and was smiling like crazy afterward.  By last night the soreness was setting in and she's not loving that, but she's coping pretty well.  She loves the chewing gum they gave her to help with the sore teeth.  We did treat her to Jamba Juice last night for family home evening, and that made everything all better.  That girl loves her fruit!

Little brother spent the whole of the super bowl sitting next to daddy and shouting "Go!  Go!  Go!", "Nice!", and "Touchdown!"  All of which are especially adorable in his little tiny voice. 

Big brother "helped" bring the groceries in on Friday morning.  Basically, that meant that he carried all the milk in.  I was super impressed with his skills at not dropping the milk while he brought it all in from the car.  Unfortunately, then he decided he needed to move the milk from the floor to the table.  Then  he dropped one.  It split and half a gallon of milk went all over the floor.  Have I mentioned that I hate loathe having carpet in my dining area?  It is The. Dumbest. Thing. Ever.  I cleaned up all the milk as fast as I could.  Then husband and I had our getaway Friday night and I forgot about the milk.  Until we came home Saturday and I could smell it going bad.  Not all cleaned up, apparently.  I ended up having to take up the carpet so the pad and the plywood could dry out.  Yuck.  Stuck the pad in the dryer and fortunately that worked.  I think it's all better now.  Oy.  I can't wait until we have saved enough to redo the kitchen and get rid of the carpet!  In the meantime, I'm glad I have my own carpet cleaner.  Most of the time, it does the trick.  In other big brother news, he fell down the stairs again this morning.  Poor baby!  His center of gravity is not very centered!  He's got a nice fat lip, but aside from that does not seem any worse for the wear.  Lots of cuddling with my babies today!

2 comments:

JennaK said...

Not that I know better than a doctor, but I read last week that there is a rotovirus superbug that is going around that causes vomiting/diarrhea for several days. I don't remember reading how to treat it though.

JennaK said...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/01/26/doctors-warn-of-new-stomach-superbug-hitting-u-s/

I hope for your sake it's strep so it's treatable.