Saturday, February 23, 2013

These kiddos

Little sister ended up being sick a few more days.  We finally went to the ER, where she was given Zofran.  REALLY wish the doctor's office would have just given her that to begin with.  That was all she needed.  It calmed the nausea so she could keep some food and fluid down.  The doctor's office informed me they don't like to do anti-nausea's for kids because they can become lethargic.  We are now moving to another doctor.  I just don't like the idea of having to pay for a doctor visit that does no good and just lands us in the ER, which is another bill I'm not looking forward to having to pay.  The strep test the office did came back negative.  Let's just say I'm not impressed with the fact that my daughter was treated for strep throat when the symptoms we took her in for were nausea, vomiting and diarrhea that had been going on for 3 days.  She ended up losing four pounds.  Big brother finally outweighs her...Anyway.  She is pretty much back to normal now. She had a test done on Friday to see if she knew the "100 sight words" they're supposed to know by the end of kindergarten.  She aced it.  This little girl is one smart cookie!  Recent quotes:
"Dad, is this Iron Man you're watching?"
"Yes, it is."
"Oh.  I like Spider man better."
"Why's that?"
"Because he's amazing, silly!"

"Mom, I think it's really time you signed me up for trumpet lessons."

Little Brother is learning new words every day.  Even if he doesn't understand the word, he'll copy anything you say.  It can be dangerous to have a little parrot.  I need to reduce my use of the word "crap".  He is still loving nursery on Sundays.  When I go in to take the roll, he'll come over and give me a big hug, but then he goes right back to playing.  I have to be the one to drop him off, though.  If Daddy does it, he screams.  If I do it, it's no big deal.  Little Daddy's boy!  He's recently decided that he loves to cuddle.  He'll lay his head on my shoulder and just rest for a while.  He's still pretty teeny tiny, and I'm really okay with that since he's my last one!  It's allowing me to keep my baby a little longer!

Big brother is big.  I measured him against the wall where we mark the kids' height on their birthdays.  He's already taller than either of the girls were at 4, and almost as tall as Little sister was when she was 5.  He weighs the same as Little sister (when she's not puking, that is.)  He has had a recent upswing in his vocabulary.  YAY!  Progress is still slow in that area, but that's okay.  I really think next year will make a huge difference when he's going to 2 preschools.  He still is not loving Sunbeams.  Poor guy.  We had stake conference and then we stayed home sick, so he had 2 weeks away from it.  The next week, big sister took him and he did fine!  we thought that was the solution to our problems, but last week he refused to go with big sister.  So Daddy ended up holding him during Sharing Time.  He then sat by the door of his classroom when they went to class.  He just sits there, covering his face with his hands and sniffling.  He actually doesn't even notice when I bring the roll in since his eyes are covered.  We'll have to work on that one more.

Big sister is doing well with her braces.  She's been asking to learn how to sew, so I have signed her up for some classes.  I can sew, but I hate it and I don't want to pass that part on.  Hopefully she'll like the class!  She's excited about it, anyway.  She recently had a hard decision to make.  Her friend was having a birthday party on a Sunday.  I could tell the she really wanted to go, but when she saw that it was during church and on a Sunday, she said "Well, I guess I can't go."  I didn't have to explain to her why we don't do those things on Sunday, or deal with a tantrum.  She didn't even ask to go.  She just knew what the right choice was for her and she made it with no fuss whatsoever.  She amazes me, this girl.

No comments: