It's been a crazy weekend at our place. On Friday, Daddy went skiing, which was a much needed break. After he got home, Mommy whisked him away to the Little America Hotel to continue the much needed break for both of them. Thanks to Aunt Scooby and Cedie who helped take care of the young'uns while we were gone. We had a very relaxing time. Nothing too fancy, just dinner at the steakhouse in the hotel, then we sat in bed and watched a movie. Mostly we enjoyed getting a full night's sleep and not waking up to big brother bursting into our room. (Cedie got to enjoy that pleasure. Scared her to death.) We enjoyed a nice breakfast and read the paper, then ran a few errands and came home. Unfortunately, little sister came down with a stomach bug while we were gone. Poor Cedie got to deal with that, too. But especially poor little sister! We thought it was just a quick 24-hour-bug, so we kept her in bed all day. She fell asleep around 6:15, so we left her with a different babysitter because we had a Ragnar meeting to go to. She apparently threw up again after we left. She was up all night, and therefore, so were mom and dad. Good thing we had a break the night before! We finally got her settled around 4am, and then little brother decided to wake up at 6. Completely wired. He was being very cute, but the cuteness was lost on his very tired mommy. Daddy stayed up with him for an hour or so, then he finally went back down and daddy went back to bed. Mommy got up at 8 to take care of the other kids and little sister, who had come upstairs. We've called in sick for church today, and we are going to stay home and keep our germs to ourselves. I have used 2 cans of Lysol and I am hoping that keeps it from spreading around to the rest of us.
In other news, Big sister heads to the orthodontist tomorrow to get her braces! Here's to getting rid of the gap in her teeth! She is very nervous, but I know she'll be fine. She is really starting to get into reading huge books. Her latest book from the library is 267 pages. She frequently stays up way past her bedtime reading. It's hard to be a stickler for bedtime when she's staying up reading. I love that she loves to read.
Big brother did better his second week of sunbeams. He tagged along with me for the first part of sharing time, then sat with me during singing time. He cried when I left him with his class in their classroom, but quickly stopped. Last week was stake conference, and we're home this week, so we may be starting from scratch again next week. But he will get there. I really think he'll make big improvements when he goes to a regular preschool in addition to the special needs preschool in the fall. His teacher for the regular preschool is a dear friend of mine and I think she will be fantastic with him. I really do know he will be fine. Sometimes it's just harder than others.
Little brother is definitely not speech delayed. He has several new words every day. I can't keep track of them all. He is definitely not shy, either. Last week I was by myself at Stake Conference with the kids, so we sat with my friend. Little brother kept going up to a man we've never met and sitting on his lap and telling said stranger to read a book to him. He had everyone entertained, that's for sure. He's cute.
And husband and I are starting to get nervous about running this Ragnar we've signed up for! We selected our legs last night and they're looking a little tough for two people who don't really run that much. Especially husband's. I worry about his knees. Hopefully he'll be okay...Time to get some good shoes and get serious about training!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

1 comment:
I'm sorry you guys are having such a rough day! Hopefully the rest of the day is better!
Post a Comment