Friday, November 16, 2012

The rest of Halloween and other stuff

I thought I'd post the pics of the pumpkins we did for Halloween.  They were pretty awesome this year:

 Daddy - he always has the best one
 Little sister's
 Cedie's
 Little brother's
 Big brother's
 Mommy's
 Big sister's
And speaking of big sister, she thought she was pretty cool helping Daddy till the garden a couple weeks ago...

And here's one of all of us.  We went to get family pictures taken at the mall, just like we do every year.  I had Cedie take some of us for a Christmas card because I don't like to pay ridiculous amounts of money for JCPenney's Christmas cards.  Good thing, too.  The kids were not in a cooperating mood at JCPenney.  Particularly the boys.  The family one was fine, but we didn't get one of just the kids that was really any good.  Little brother took off running as soon as we'd put him down, and big brother didn't want to pose as he was told.  Mainly 'cuz he doesn't understand what is going on.  We got one picture of the four of them alone.  One total.  And then little brother took off and big brother flung his arms around in a fit and hit little sister who started crying uncontrollably and I said "We're done!"  But, it only cost me $8 for a bunch of pictures.  And this is why I don't want to go to somebody more expensive.  My boys don't cooperate at this point, little sister barely does, and if I were spending more money I would feel like we needed to stick it out until we got that perfect shot that I paid for, dagnabit.  But with this, I don't feel bad if the one picture we get is not so great but true to life.  Big brother's communication problems are the biggest issue, and until he can understand what a photographer is saying it's not worth the extra money.  He gets frustrated and throws his fit.  His school picture this year was hilarious.  Total deer in the headlights!  They clearly told him to smile and he just went "Huh?" and that is the picture we got.   But at least he smiled for Cedie 'cuz he knows her and loves her!  Haha!  And afterward we went to visit Santa.  No line, since it's before Thanksgiving.  The kids asked collectively for a trampoline.  Crap.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Super cute! I laughed out loud at your trampoline response. :) I have a love/hate relationship with those. SO fun though! Just wanted to tell you I love reading. :)