Thursday, October 4, 2012

Posting for my benefit

It occurs to me that I really only keep up on this blog because I really like having our family story written down.  I stopped caring whether or not anyone read/commented a long time ago.  My kids enjoy reading the blog when I have it made into a book at the end of each year.  So I blog for me.  And so today, I won't really care if what I type bores everyone who isn't me.  Unless you're my 1 faithful reader.  In that case, my apologies Summer!  Haha!

We made it through September.  It was a crazy whirlwind of trying to figure out routines and schedules, with mom going a little bit nutso because the kids also seemed to be playing that fun-for-everyone game of Who Can Drive Mom Most Crazy?  For the record, they all won by a landslide.  There was a particular day where I drove the wrong kid to the wrong dance class on the wrong day at the wrong time.  And completely forgot that my Presidency Meeting wasn't that night at my house, it was the next night at someone else's house.  It's a good thing our niece is around and knows when to pick up the pieces when I don't even know where to start.  She's a good egg.  I think, for now, we have figured out our school routine and we are moving forward.  We celebrated my birthday with Husband taking me to the Roof and then watching the BYU/Utah game.  Which was a fun game to watch.  And several friends took me to lunch, so I felt loved.

Big sister is still loving school.  We have discovered apps for my iphone that help her with spelling and math.  Love the apps, love her progress because of them!  We took her to the orthodontist this week and we will be starting phase 1 treatment, aka braces, in February.  Her 2 front teeth have a huge gap and we need to move them together so the other teeth can come down.  But the other teeth haven't fully grown roots yet, so we wait.  I am impressed with the orthodontist and his office.  She'll wear the braces for about 9 months, then we'll watch her adult teeth come in, then do braces again once she has all her grown up teeth, or phase 2.  I'm liking this method better than the one they used on me - it just makes sense.  She is excited about getting braces.  That will change on February 4, I'm sure!  Haha!

Little sister is doing well in school, also.  The teacher says she loves her and her happy, hard working attitude.  That is a compliment indeed!  We did have a rough Friday last week, though.  The PTA did a Fun Run for their fundraiser.  Long story short, they excused the kindergarten classes without the teacher's permission and caused mass chaos.  The teachers were a little ticked off because they hadn't been given the chance to make sure they had all their kids accounted for.  Little sister got confused and did just what we've told her to do when she's lost.  She stayed put.  It was 24 minutes before I found her, sobbing her little heart out.  I went into to talk to the principal and she was grateful that we made her aware of the situation so it doesn't repeat next year.  She also told me she'd speak to her rather rude secretary.  I usually don't have problems with them, but when I called to make the appointment and she asked what it was regarding, I simply stated that my daughter had gone missing for about 25 minutes on Friday after school.  The secretary said "Well, ok, but it wasn't 25 minutes."  I just told her I'd speak to the principal about that.  But seriously!  She wasn't there, how would she know how long it was?  Why was she trying to minimize what happened?  25 minutes, 5 minutes, fact is lady, my daughter was M-I-S-S-I-N-G!  Does it matter if was really 25 minutes?  I can count.  I was way off, though.  It was technically 24 minutes.  Anyway.  Little sister was a little scared to go to school on Monday, but I walked her in and chatted with her teacher for a minute, too.  She was good to go from there.  Phew.

Big brother loves school, too.  His bus driver is the nicest, happiest man you'll ever meet.  He loves getting on Mr. Ray's bus and asks every day if he gets to go.  Love that he loves it!  His vocabulary is still growing like crazy and I love that, too!  I am even starting to be able to get him to calm down and not throw a fit just by talking calmly to him.  That's huge!  He's expressed some interest in the potty, but doesn't really seem ready yet.  We'll see.  It would be nice if I could train him before he turns 4, but after potty training 2 others I have learned that my timetable has nothing to do with this process!

Little brother loves life.  He loves to play with big brother and big brother really seems to enjoy playing with him.  He is still such an easy baby.  He gets into everything and is a big climber, but not too bad.  I just have to make sure things are up out of sight, not just out of reach.  He is starting to repeat more and more words.  His favorites right now are high five, dad, cedie, bye-bye, okay (pronounced otay) and uh-oh.  He's a cutie and we love him!

No comments: