Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Conversations with little sister

I have mentioned before that the special needs preschool overdid their job when they taught little sister how to talk.  If she thinks it, it comes out of her mouth.  It makes for interesting conversations:

Me: (after she said something ridiculous) Where did you come from?
Little Sister: Um, England.
Me: Really? England?
Little Sister: Yeah! Didn't you see the label on my box?
Me: You came in a box?
Little sister: (slightly exasperated now) Yes. with a label on it that said "from England."
Me: Good to know!



Husband and I took her on a walk by ourselves on Saturday and had this conversation:
Husband:  Do you like your little brothers?
Little sister:  Ummmmmmmm, I like little brother.  I do NOT like Big brother.
Husband:  Why don't you like big brother?
Little sister (With a slight hint of DUH, dad in her voice) :  'Cuz I only like little brother! 
Me:  I guess I was right.  She really hasn't forgiven big brother for being born.
Little sister:  Nope.

1 comment:

Tawny Hawkins said...

I think you have finally forgiven your little sister for being born!