Saturday, June 16, 2012

Going's on...





Summer is pretty much in full swing around here.  Big sister has finished school and little sister has 1 more day.  Big brother has a couple more weeks.  The 3 oldest are loving their swimming lessons!  The first day, big brother wouldn't let the teacher put him down, mainly because he just wanted to play with her in the water.  That made it hard for the other kids to learn much, so since then I have been wearing my own swimming suit and jumping in with them.  I think the teacher thought I was a little nutso, but I think the kids are learning even more because I can help them keep working on what the teacher is teaching them while she works with one of them alone.  Big sister is pretty much swimming now, and little sister did her best to try to follow big sister into the deep end yesterday.  Since the teacher was in the deep end with big sister, I was closest to her and pulled her up pretty quick.  She was a little shaken up, but I think she now understands why the teacher told her about 900 times to not go to that part of the pool without her.  And then we had a nice discussion about what to do if somebody really is sinking.  A good lesson to learn, overall.  I think that was the only way little sister would really grasp that when we told her not to go past a certain point, we were serious.  It worries me that she has to try these forbidden things for herself before she understands why she shouldn't do them.  Doesn't bode well for teenage years, eh? 
The girls are practicing hard for their dance recital, and were thrilled to come home with their costumes last week.  Other than the sequins and sparklies all over the floor, the costumes are adorable. 
Little brother is walking/running everywhere.  He has become a serious daddy's boy.  He grins and runs for "Dada!" when daddy comes home, and if daddy is around while I am holding him, he strains and reaches and twists and begs to be held by daddy.  When he inevitably gets his way, he lays his head on daddy's chest and cuddles.  How can anyone resist that?  He is repeating words a lot, and that is encouraging.  Little sister and big brother didn't repeat this much, so I'm hoping this one might not have a speech delay.  Although the ladies at the special needs preschool will be very sad if they don't get to have him!

Husband and I celebrated 10 years of marriage last week.  We had originally discussed going to Hawaii, but we nixed that idea when we decided to take the kids to Disneyland.  So instead we dropped the kids off at Husband's sisters' house and we took the four-wheelers up to Daniel's Summit.  It's a nice lodge that has trails going straight from the parking lot.  We enjoyed a nice dinner Thursday night down in Heber at Claim Jumper.  Friday morning we had breakfast at the lodge and headed out for a nice ride.  Don't mind the helmet hair:



We were going to continue riding after lunch at the lodge, but we both discovered that we were tired and that a nap without interrupting children sounded amazing.  So we soaked in a nice warm bath and then took a 2 hour nap.  Bliss, pure bliss!  We had dinner at the lodge and then lounged around our room watching tv before bed.  In the morning we had breakfast, loaded up and went to get the kiddos.  It was all quite perfect!  Here's a view from our balcony:

I can't believe it's been 10 years.  We aren't perfect by any means, but life is pretty darn good.  We've moved 4 times, did 5 years of school/student housing, had 4 children, bought a house, and many many other things.  How glad I am that I married this good man.  He makes me so very happy.  I can't imagine being happier with anyone else.  I am one blessed lady!

No comments: