Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Today

So when I picked up little sister from preschool today, they said that she had been covering her ears for the last 20 minutes and crying. She said her ears hurt, but the teachers weren't sure how much of that was because they have several kids that confuse screaming at the top of their lungs with singing and how much of it was because her ears just hurt. Crap. I had her in to the pediatrician just last week for a sore throat and he'd mentioned it was time to have Miss Wax Queen's ears cleaned again 'cuz he couldn't see a darn thing. He had said that if she did have an ear infection, he'd never be able to see it because of all the gunk in there. So I had made an appointment for her on the 30th with the ENT specialist. That didn't solve today's dilemma, though. I called the pediatrician's office and they wanted to schedule an appointment, but I felt like that would be pointless since I was told just last week that he couldn't see well enough to diagnose anything. They finally called back and suggested I try getting in to the ENT sooner. Duh, if they had a sooner appointment I'm pretty sure they would have told me that when I made the appointment. Whatever. I really do like our pediatrician's office, I was just frustrated that there was nothing they could do. So I call the ENT and discover they are at lunch. After waiting for the lunch hour to be over, I call again and explain the situation. I get transferred here there and everywhere and finally get our doctor's nurse. She finally just asked "Can you come in right now?" I said sure. I called my sweet neighbor to see if she could keep big sister after school for a bit if I wasn't back. She said of course. Then I discovered that the boys were both napping. Double crap. I really hate waking sleeping boys! So I made a few desperate phone calls and finally got a hold of my angel sister Scooby and she and her whole family came right over. Just as I was getting ready to head out the door, big sister's school calls and says I should probably come get her because she fell down at recess and hit her head on the concrete really hard. Triple crap. Of course she did. So I head straight over to the school to collect my poor baby. She has quite the goose egg and was still crying. I felt so bad that I didn't have time to just take her home and she had to come to the ENT with us. Oh, well. It took about 2 hours total of waiting in the waiting room and then in the exam room, but they did squeeze us in. They cleaned out little sister's ears and she was surprisingly cooperative, despite sobbing through the whole thing. We got ice cream on the way home for everyone since she did so well. There was no infection, but she says her ears don't hurt anymore so hallelujah for that. And now I think my day would be complete if one of them will just come down with the lovely stomach flu that big brother had all day yesterday. I am hoping nobody gets that, but I will be very surprised if nobody actually does get it! And now I'm tired...good night everybody!

1 comment:

Scooby and Jon said...

I firmly believe that the rest of our week should be very boring.