The girls started dance last week. They are loving it! I have somehow only managed to get a picture of little sister all ready for dance. Goodness but she was excited! She bounced around the house exclaiming "I'm so excited!" She is taking jazz while big sister continues the ballet. It seems a good fit for both of them.
Don't mind big brother - he has to be in every picture! He is getting his 2-year-molars and it's proving to be a lo-o-ong and painful process. He is constantly gnawing on his finger and frequently puts his fingers down his throat a little too far. I can't wait 'till these teeth are done!
Little brother has been smiling since he was 6 weeks. He tries to laugh, too, and it's just the cutest thing! I finally got a picture of him smiling, although it doesn't really do justice to the big grin he can get on his face. He is still just a happy little guy. He definitely lets us know when he feels neglected and wants to be held/fed/changed, but for the most part he just hangs out. I can't get enough of holding him sometimes! I just want to cherish every moment while he's tiny because I know this is our last and how fleeting this phase is. We had his 2 month appointment and he weighed in at 10lb. 13 oz (14th %) and 21.75 inches long (4th %). He's still a peanut, and that is just fine with me! He's definitely not the juggernaut that big brother was/is!
Now for the birthday stuff. yesterday, I turned 30. I told husband all I wanted for my birthday was to sleep through the night. He took me to the Anniversary Inn last weekend since he had to work this weekend. It was bliss. We ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant downton - Su Casa. YUM! Then we went to the Desert Star, which was hilarious and fabulous as always! After the show 200 strangers sang Happy Birthday to me. Loved it! We slept in Saturday - again, BLISS! We stayed in the Sun Valley room, which was designed to look like a log cabin complete with an outhouse, waterfall bathtub, and front porch. It was very cozy and the breakfast they brought us was delicious. We went up to Park City and walked around the outlet mall, and then went to Red Robin for lunch. My husband sure knows how to make me feel loved! I was so relaxed! Thanks to husband's mom and our niece, Cedie, for taking care of the kiddos!
Since husband had to work on my actual birthday, I decided I should throw myself a party. You only turn 30 once and I am the kind of person to throw a party for myself! Haha! So I sent out a general invitation on facebook asking people to come help me consume the contents of my chocolate fountain. I was worried it would backfire and this would show me that I didn't really have friends, but no worry was needed! Family and friends came, helped me eat chocolate, and I laughed harder than I have in a long time! Several people dropped in throughout the day to wish me happy birthday and bring gifts, and I had many phone calls and well wishes on facebook. I definitely feel loved and spoiled rotten, and I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in chocolate! I think we can call that a successful birthday! Thank you all!
The best present of the day, no offense to other gifts, was the most unexpected. My mother's cousin, Lori, showed up. I haven't seen her in years, and it was wonderful to see her smiling face on my doorstep! She brought me more yummy chocolate, but also a surprise:
Since husband had to work on my actual birthday, I decided I should throw myself a party. You only turn 30 once and I am the kind of person to throw a party for myself! Haha! So I sent out a general invitation on facebook asking people to come help me consume the contents of my chocolate fountain. I was worried it would backfire and this would show me that I didn't really have friends, but no worry was needed! Family and friends came, helped me eat chocolate, and I laughed harder than I have in a long time! Several people dropped in throughout the day to wish me happy birthday and bring gifts, and I had many phone calls and well wishes on facebook. I definitely feel loved and spoiled rotten, and I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in chocolate! I think we can call that a successful birthday! Thank you all!
The best present of the day, no offense to other gifts, was the most unexpected. My mother's cousin, Lori, showed up. I haven't seen her in years, and it was wonderful to see her smiling face on my doorstep! She brought me more yummy chocolate, but also a surprise:

No comments:
Post a Comment