Sunday, August 21, 2011

The cabin 2011

Last weekend we had our annual trip to "the cabin." A good time was had by all! It was nice to be with husband's family. The kids especially loved swimming and four-wheeling. I didn't take very many pictures because, to be honest, I am still recovering from having a baby. We did manage to snap a few shots, though...

The kiddos after swimming - I love the look on little sister's face!

Big brother showing Daddy how to drive the four-wheeler. He wasn't smiling for the picture, but he was grinning ear to ear the rest of the ride!

What little brother did the whole time - sleep! (Well, except at night...)

The girls have now started swimming lessons. I'm afraid I'm a little behind on that one for big sister - she's 7 for heaven's sake! We put them both in the level 1 class and they are loving it. They are such cute little fish!

And finally, here's what I found when I came into the family room this morning:


Big sister was helping little brother keep his binky in. He was falling asleep by the time I got the camera, but when I first walked in he was just staring at her. She is quite the favorite with all of her siblings. Big brother frequently stands at the top of the stairs and calls down for her. Even when she's not home. It was hilarious when we were at the cabin. I would ask where big sister was and he would go straight to the stairs and yell down for her, whether or not she was actually down there. Little sister loves to play with her. Oh, they have their moments. I have to laugh when they've been playing together too long and little sister will tell me "She's not my sister anymore." But overall they are good little playmates. She's a good egg, that big sister!