
Thanks to my friend for taking some adorable pictures of little brother! They turned out so great!
I'm starting to lag in my postings. I think I'm still enjoying the hibernation mode we've been in. I really don't do much all day except try to keep up with this baby's appetite. We'll see how long nursing lasts. My supply is already dwindling and not quite enough for him. I won't be trying any herbal remedies since the cardiologist isn't sure what that would do to my heart. Experience tells me that once they start getting the bottle, they start preferring it 'cuz it's faster. So. We'll see. Little brother is starting to have more awake times, and it's fun to see his beautiful eyes so alert and taking everything in. He still wakes up twice a night to feed, but for the most part goes right back to sleep. He'll get there eventually, I'm sure!
Big brother has been doing speech therapy for a few months now. He's starting to get more vocal and use more words. He's regressed a little since little brother came home, but the therapist says he's still improving very rapidly. Hopefully he'll improve even more when his sisters go back to school and I have more opportunities for one-on-one time with him. He's hasn't been getting as much attention lately so he really loves it when his cousins come and he has two extra someones to play with!
Little sister has improved dramatically in school this last year. It's amazing to hear her put together full sentences and I LOVE that she can communicate with me when something is wrong. She will be continuing the special needs preschool as well as a regular preschool starting next month and she is excited. She will have school Monday - Friday. We told her she couldn't start the regular preschool unless she could go in the potty. She seems to finally be catching on and will usually take herself. Sometimes she doesn't realize that she needs to go after holding it for a long time. We've learned that when she says her belly hurts, she probably needs to head to the bathroom. She always thinks it's amazing when her belly feels better after! I almost can't believe that she's potty trained. I was honestly beginning to think it would never happen! Hooray for little sister! She's also really excited to start taking dance when that starts up. I hope she enjoys it as much as big sister has!
Big sister is a huge help with the baby. She is willing to hold him all the time, and has also been making a big effort to play with the other two. She has been working on her reading and math skills to keep herself sharp this summer, and she's so ready for 2nd grade! I don't know what I'd do without her!
Husband has been an amazing help. He can tell when I'm getting too tired and will take one of the night feedings so that I can sleep. He picks up my slack with the kids and the house on his days off, and when he works still comes home and helps me get the baby to sleep. He is such a good husband and father. I love watching him with a new baby!
Last but not least, everyone should have their almost-18-year-old niece live with them when they have a new baby. She has been wonderful at helping with the kiddos, especially on the days husband works. The kids love having her around. She comes home from a long day of cleaning houses and is still willing to clean my kitchen. That's awesome my friends!
All in all, things are going pretty well around here! We are definitely still adjusting, but we're getting closer to finding our "new normal".

2 comments:
Yay! Heidi did such a great job on your pictures! Let me know if you need anything, I'd love to help you out. I still need to get over there sometime soon! So glad to hear that things are going well. "new normals" are fun too! ;)
That is such a addorable picture!! What a cutie!!
Post a Comment