Little brother is proving to be a pretty good baby. We are still working on the whole sleep-at-night thing. He wakes up 2 or 3 times to eat, and goes right back to sleep. All in all, not too bad. I will be happy when I don't have to get up that much every night, though! I've gotten a few requests for the birth story. I honestly don't remember the details too well. My blood pressure took quite a few dips. At one point husband informs me it was something like 90/38. That's really low. I remember the nurse coming in and looking at my face and immediately turning up my IV and giving me some Zofran for the nausea. I felt much better after that, but still pretty weak. Everything progressed pretty fast. It took a few hours to go from a 3 and 70% effaced to a 5 and 90% effaced. Then it only took about an hour to get to a 10. We went into the hospital at 5am and I told husband the baby would be born before 11am. I was right! It only took 3 contractions to push him out. That's pretty fast, and he came out fairly easily. I was just so weak that it took everything in me to push at all. It's funny how different they've all been. Big brother's delivery was so hard and very painful, but I almost feel like that was easier because I felt like I had the strength to do it. Little brother came out fast. And although he weighed exactly the same as big brother, I'm pretty sure his head, shoulders, and chest are much smaller. I still feel like he was almost harder to get out because I felt so weak. Anyway, he came out beautifully and everyone remarked at how fast he turned pink and how alert he seemed to be.
The girls completely adore him. Big brother is fascinated every once in awhile, but for the most part is content to do his own thing, as usual! We enjoyed having husband home for a full week before he returned to work. That was so nice! He is an immense help.
And now, some more pictures for your viewing pleasure!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

3 comments:
He's absolutely adorable, thank you for letting me hold him yesterday, miss ya much!
I'm not going to lie here: I wish I looked as good as you do after giving birth. Seriously. You look fantastic. Also? Cute baby! I'm glad for you he was a quick one. Nothing like telling birth stories where you can tell people about the ridiculously small number of pushes it took to get the kid out! I hope you get better sleep soon!
He is so addorable!! Congratts!!
Post a Comment