Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Big Brother & some stats

Big brother and Big sister had their well child visits. It's interesting to see how they are growing! Big sister is 45.5 lb (28th percentile) and 45.25" tall. (13th percentile). Just our petite little girl! Big brother, on the other hand, is 30lb (74th percentile) and 35" tall (68th percentile). His head is still really big - in the 98th percentile! He is a big boy! We are still not entirely sure where he got that from. If it weren't for the fact that he has my eyes, I'd wonder if they switched him at the hospital. But he is definitely all ours! I've said for awhile that picking him up is like picking up a boulder. He's not fat, it's all pretty muscular. The doctor picked him up off the floor so that I could hold him on my lap, and told me "Wow, that's like picking up a boulder!" Yup. Try being 30+ weeks pregnant and picking that up off and on all day.

Big brother has discovered that if he wakes up around 9pm, he gets mommy and daddy all to himself. I admit we indulge him a little bit some nights, because we sure enjoy the chance to play with just him once in awhile. He especially loves it when I am folding laundry, because then I give him all the socks and an empty laundry basket and he's in heaven for 45 minutes. I'm not entirely sure why that is so much fun to him, but he loves to put the socks in the basket, then take them out, and put them back in, and so on. Some pictures of his fun the other night:



Pardon the sad looking nose. He also thinks that his short little legs can walk down the stairs instead of crawling all of a sudden, and he's fallen a few times and given himself some lovely rug burn on his nose!


Daddy taking him for a ride in the laundry basket - SO fun!


But Dad, isn't it helpful if I take the batteries out of the remote?


These were taken when I was going through the clothes my sister sent me as hand-me-downs for big sister. She had 2 kids in this size at the same time, so there was a lot to go through! Big brother was more than willing to *ahem* help *ahem* me sort them...



Let's just say this is before he started helping...


...and this is after he started helping. He "helped" by dumping every single article of clothing onto the floor and then attempting to climb the mountain. Needless to say, the sorting got finished after he'd gone to bed that night!

1 comment:

Scooby and Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.