Cooking is becoming an adventure around here. Big brother has figured out the babyproofing mechanisms, and can therefore get into any drawer he desires. His favorites are the ones that hold all my cooking utensils. So when it comes time to make dinner, or anything else, we get to go on a scavenger hunt. Retracing an almost-two-year-old's steps and discovering where he's been and where he's decided to put the measuring cups/spoons, etc., is so fun! Although, it is starting to get old. Plus, I have to wash them before I can use them because I don't really know where they've been that day.
We have been trying to teach big brother how to fold his arms for prayers. He resists these attempts for the most part. Yesterday, his sweet nursery teacher came up and was talking to me at church. She said hi to big brother, and he immediately folded his arms. Every time she looked at him for the next minute or two, he would fold his arms very reverently. It was so cute, and I was only a little annoyed that he'll fold his arms for her and not for me. Little stinker.
Little sister fell off the bench at church yesterday. Headfirst. Into the aisle. During the sacrament when it's all quiet. I was holding big brother, so I asked her if she was okay. She jumped up and shouted for all to hear "I okay!". We have got to work on that indoor voice. But I am glad she's okay!
I was doing little sister's hair yesterday and told her to look down for a minute. When she complied, I said "perfect." She replied "I not purpect, I little sister purpect!" Apparently that is a whole other kind of perfect!
Big sister and I have been doing our Book of Mormon challenge for a month now. We are over 100 pages in, almost done with 2 Nephi. She made it past the Isaiah chapters! She kept telling me during those that she knew what they were talking about. I love that she can interpret Isaiah at age 6! The other day I logged on to lds.org and let the computer read to us, which she thought was way cool. She is excited about reading scriptures with mom and when I asked her if she thought we'd make our goal, she replied with a rather enthusiastic "Yeah!" She has also requested her own scriptures for her birthday in May. I was going to save that for her 8th birthday, but I can't deny that sweet request!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

1 comment:
That's cool that big sister loves reading scriptures. Perhaps you need a picture of big brother's nursery teacher to help him remember to fold his arms at home. lol. I'm still trying to find that magic trick for my boys.
Post a Comment