Monday, February 21, 2011

A whole lotta nothin'

Not much new to post about around here. But since I have a captive (read: bored) audience of 1 awesome soldier in Afghanistan, I am going to write about nothing.

I am at the halfway mark of my pregnancy. YAY! Our ultrasound last Friday showed that it is still most definitely a boy. He is starting to get more forceful in his movements, so I can really feel him when he's active.

Big sister missed her Valentine's party last week. On Sunday night she ate what I can only guess was close to a dozen chocolate chip cookies by her self. Around 4am, she came in saying she needed to throw up. Great. We got her to the bathroom, and once she tossed her cookies (haha!) she felt a little better. Her big worry, though, was throwing up in front of her classmates at school, since she still felt nauseous. She stayed up watching Disney channel while I went back to bed. I knew she felt miserable when she had no desire to eat any of the Valentines sourdough pancakes and bacon I had made. She just wanted applesauce. Daddy was the hero of the day and took her mailbox and valentines to school so that she would still get to pass out and receive valentines, even though she wasn't there. So instead of really celebrating, we all hung out in our jammies and took a nap. Woohoo! On his lunch break, Daddy did bring home some beautiful roses for all his girls. As usual, he rocks! Big brother was just thrilled to get random hugs throughout the day.

Little sister likes to point at my expanding belly and inform me that I have a big belly. She will then lift up her shirt and say "and I have a teeny tiny belly!" She of course says this in a teeny tiny voice. I'm not sure if I can be gracious under pressure...(name that movie!)

Little sister has also been praying that we will finish her yellow room so she can sleep in it. We are getting so close, but those last details seem to always be the most time-consuming! We have finished painting the trim in Big sister's room, and we still need to paint the trim in little sister's room and the 3rd bedroom. We also still have to paint those stupid doors. Did I mention I hate painting doors? At least this time there's only 6. Last time there were 13! Then we'll need to get all the shelving stuff done inside the closets and we can finally set a delivery date for the carpet. We are getting there. I spent the weekend before Valentines Day hunched over my mother's sewing maching sewing curtains and pillow cases for big brother's room. We're going with a BYU/UofU combo. Husband's grandmother was gracious enough to make a quilt for his bed that is made of the same material. It looks fabulous and I can't wait to get it all put together for him. A heads up, though. When I post pictures, please don't tell me that it clashes. All sorts of people have said that to me. Guess what. It's supposed to clash. It's kind of the point of using both BYU and UofU material.

Remember how little sister was diagnosed with a communication delay? We're pretty sure big brother has a similar problem. He'll be 2 in April. By that point they usually have a minimum of 50 words. He has 1. He says yeah. He may have said uh-oh yesterday, so I'm wondering if that counts as 2 more words...probably not. So we are working on having him tested to see what to do to improve his speech. Here's hoping that we can avoid real problems by intervening a little earlier than we did with little sister. It'd be so cool if I could communicate with my kiddos!

Well, I think that's enough for now. We are planning to paint trim this morning, so I better get to it!

4 comments:

Chalen said...

Your whole lot of nuttin' sure sounds like a lot more than the variety of nothing we have been practicing around here.

Summer said...

I love you, I love your posts, thank you for keeping me entertained. :)

sunnytosh said...

Sounds fun, all except using Mom's sewing machine. The last time I tried that it seemed to have a mind of it's own - to sew or not to sew was the question.

Teresa said...

I'm totally one of your captive audience members. :) I love reading about a whole lot of nothing and to me you seem quite busy. I sure miss you! Love you!!