We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. Wife's family came into town and the goal was to "eat 'till we die!" I think we achieved that goal. Wednesday was spent in cleaning, since the house hadn't been cleaned in weeks and we would be having dinner here Thursday. Husband was a huge help, cleaning quite a bit and keeping the kids out of the way all day long. Thursday morning we had a nice breakfast (sourdough pancakes, of course) and then we got started on preparing the feast. A huge turkey, a nice ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberries, corn, beans. It was all delicious, and the help from wife's sisters and nieces was very much appreciated. Of course there were pies for dessert, and those were pretty darn tasty, too. The downside was that wife's mother forgot that the whole point of Thanksgiving is to eat and be with family. She got stomach flu and was unable to eat/be with us. Lame.
Friday morning we did Black Friday for my niece's sake. I'm sure she thinks it was worth it, but my 24-hour-morning sickness thought that 2:30am was a rather stupid time to try to be awake. We stopped at the only place open for breakfast, McDonald's. My stomach didn't think that was such a bright idea either. A nap would have been nice, and was for everyone else that went. However, I couldn't sleep. Great. Ah, well. We went to see Tangled and Big sister LOVED it. It scared her to death and she had to sit on my lap, but she did like it. We came home and made turkey soup and Zuppa Toscana and rolls for dinner. A lovely day.
Saturday we went to my cousins' baby shower, and then came home and had a nice football party for the BYU/Utah game. My nieces and nephew helped my girls decorate a gingerbread house. After the game, the teenagers watched the little ones while the adults headed to The Roof to celebrate Shaye getting into medical school (yay!). It was SOOOO yummy!
Sunday, husband's family came over for some yummy lasagne and pumpkin cake. It was nice to get to see them, too.
It has taken all week to recover from all the hosting, but it was so very nice to see everyone. We ate 'till we died, we watched a ridiculous amount of football, and we visited. Bliss. Here are the 3 pictures I took all weekend. Pathetic, I know!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

2 comments:
Your 3 pictures are better than my 0 pictures! My only pictures are the ones Jon took from his phone at The Roof.
and You made a fabulous dinner, thanks again. and again and again.
Thanks so much for the blog so I could enjoy what I missed! I hope you have recovered-- take it easy on your heart! I agree that getting stomach flu for Thanksgiving is lame lame lame!
Post a Comment