Wednesday, April 21, 2010

On track

Big sister is back on track. I have decided I like the year-round thing. She's home just long enough for me to enjoy her, and then she goes back before I get sick of her being under foot all day. Little sister is a little forlorn, missing her playmate. She's not going to like it when big sister is in 1st grade! Hopefully preschool will keep her occupied enough.

In big news, baby brother is now sleeping on his back in his crib! Yes, this is big news. He has insisted on sleeping in his swing or his car seat since we brought him home from the hospital. He likes to feel cuddled. But he's almost 1 now (holy crap!) and so we took the plunge. Monday night he screamed. A lot. But Tuesday he went down just fine. Hooray! He's not used to being able to move so much in his sleep, and that wakes him up sometimes, but he's getting better. He has to have the blanky & teddy bear that my friend Kendra gave him. He holds the blanky under one arm and the teddy under the other. He won't sleep without them. So sweet! I'd take a picture, but I'm afraid of waking him!

1 comment:

sunnytosh said...

In Cuba they swaddle their children until they are much older (5, 6, 7, 8...). In some ways it sounds crazy, but they say it works like a charm, even on the older ones - they fall right to sleep!