Thursday, July 23, 2009

If I'd known this was all I needed to do...

We have been trying to get little sister to speak English for a while now. It is apparently a second language to her. She walks around, babbling all day long. just not in English! I try to get her to repeat words and she just looks at me like I'm nuts. Our pediatrician was a little (repeat, little) concerned that she wasn't saying more recognizable words at her last well-visit. So we've been trying sign language. She loves to do the signs, but wasn't big on saying the words. What to do. Enter Big sister. We read scriptures every night and she loves for us to "help" her read. We say a phrase, then she repeats it. It's great, and gets her used to he language, too. Apparently, little sister has decided she wants to be cool like big sister. So she's started doing the same thing! If I'd known that putting a book in front of her and "helping" her read it would advance her vocabulary this much, I would have done it a long time ago! And what better book to do it with than the scriptures?

Please to enjoy.

3 comments:

Harris House said...

That is so stinkin' cute!

Scooby and Jon said...

So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Brandt was the same way. He had his own language and wouldn't repeat after me either. He also gave me weird looks. I wish I taped him talking. What a good idea to help her talk. I wish I had thought of that with Brandt.