Monday, February 16, 2009

I miss running

I miss running. I know that may sound crazy to some of you, but I know there are also some of you out there who understand. I am not a great runner, but it is something I enjoy doing for exercise. I would love to get on my elliptical right now since it's low impact and I could probably do a slow pace for a half hour or so without causing contractions....maybe. That sounds so good! But my elliptical is in the dark undone part of the basement, not to be dusted off and put back into daylight until we FINALLY have carpet in the done part. I can't bring myself to work out in the dungeon. In the meantime, I had to buy new pants because my thighs were too big for some of the pants I wore through the last 2 pregnancies. Like that's not depressing! Ok, really it's not. It's a joke between husband and I, actually. I make a complaint and he says "So go get on the elliptical!" and we laugh. I don't mind gaining baby weight, and I don't mind the process of losing it either. It's not a body image problem for me. I like exercising to feel healthy. I miss listening to my iPod and just cruisin' down the pavement. Right now, I just don't feel that healthy. I want to put on my running shoes and just run for an hour. Just 11 more weeks...plus 3 or 4 after that...

5 comments:

Scooby and Jon said...

I'm with you...I miss running. and any other form of exercise, really. And I want those shoes, they're cute.

Xena said...

I hear you! I'm not unfortunate enough right now to not get to do it, but if I couldn't - I'd go insane! I'm certain Sydney would think I was abusive if I couldn't get my frustrations out while running! If you need company when you start up again, call me. I'll have slowed down myself by then...

Harriet Toothfighter said...

I wish I wanted to run. Seriously. I just want to sit and eat chocolate.

sunnytosh said...

Funny, I was just contemplating yesterday how I could find a babysitter so I could do some running sans kids once springtime comes.

Brenda said...

You know. My sister has been training for the Wasatch Back Relay and wanted me to run with her in a half marathon in Ogden (which, lucky for me :), they were all filled up!! :)) Anyway - in my pursuit of training, I have contract shin splints and blisters. I still haven't made it past 1.5 miles :) he, he :) I'm jealous of any person that can run with no pain :)