Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And that's why we call her TROUBLE!

Here is the latest installment of what is sure to become a regular posting - the adventures of Miss M! We have called her trouble for awhile, so much that she started repeating it herself (although she says "Bubble"). There are changes in our family that have already or will in the near future uproot her little world. I feel bad, but at the same time baby I is part of our family!

Normally, when we told the girls to get in their beds at night, M climbed into her crib and settled right down. This was heaven, but we knew this would change when she didn't get the crib anymore. Over the last week, when we told the girls to get in their beds, she kept trying to get into B's bed. B was all for this arrangement, as was I. It's a double bed, no reason they shouldn't share it and spare us buying a new bed. However, they wouldn't actually sleep. So we got a spare twin from my parents and put bedding on it to match B's. The first night, M was perfect. Got up once or twice, but fell right asleep. Unfortunately, after B went in to go to bed, M woke up with a fever. Poor thing's been sick since, and I think really missing her crib. Ah, well. It's already taken apart! She does love her bed, though, and naps extraordinarily well. It simply doesn't work putting the girls down at the same time, so B has been waiting until M falls asleep. Last night that was way too late (2 hours after putting M down, she was still awake). So we put B on the crib mattress on the floor in the playroom. I think we'll keep this arrangement for a couple weeks until the basement is totally finished or M gets used to the big girl bed and learns to fall asleep as quickly as she did in the crib.


Lovin' the big girl bed!

Napping - she's so cute when she's asleep!


Now for the true trouble part. I left the girls alone for 5 minutes this morning to blow dry my hair. If only I weren't so vain! That's all the time it took for M to find the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Aaron had left on the table...and dump it everywhere! It was a family sized box, so that's a lot of cinnamon and sugar and cereal on my floor. I took this picture to document the mess:


As I was taking the above picture, Miss M came in and saw the camera and said "Say Cheese!" which is what she says whenever we take the camera out now. At least she is smiling in every picture! I couldn't resist and turned the camera on her and said "Yes, M, say cheese!" Here is the pose she came up with.


That's our Bubble!


And a cute pic of B today. She saw this post and insisted her picture be on here, as well. I of course agreed. She insisted all weekend that she was sick. She saw how much attention M was getting for having a fever and decided she'd like some of the action. She kept bringing me the thermometer with readings like 96.7, or 94.2. This morning it was 91.6. At least I know she's trying to take her own and not running it under hot water! I don't know how to explain to her that the "temperature" she insists she is running would indicate hypothermia, not fever. Aaron laughed at the 91.6 this morning and told her she wouldn't be alive at that temperature! She does have a cold and a cough, so she had to take a nap today. She didn't like that and now is insisting she's not sick anymore, in between coughs. Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side!

A quick note on our basement - the carpet will take awhile to actually get in, so we're probably going to be installing that at the very end of the month. Which is good, because then we don't really feel a need to rush to get the trim all done. It's getting there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cute smile like that will help you to forgive more easily. They're both getting SO big! I can't believe that M is almost 2!

Lewieville said...

Cute bedding. It is the same as Madison's! Good taste