Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decorating and the undecorator


Our stockings - these are one of my favorite decorations of all! Thanks to Tracy for making these for us! (You know you all want some just like these!)


The Precious Moments Christmas Village. It looks better in the dark with lights, but that makes for a terrible picture! There's a toy shop, post office, train station, church and school. I love the kids dressed as Joseph and Mary pulling the lamb in a wagon and the little boy dressed as an angel with a star to put on top of a tree. Thanks Mom, you have contributed more to my Precious Moments collection than anybody else!


Our Nativity scene. It looks so beautiful with the spotlight on it! Gives our decor a good focus on the real Christmas spirit, I think! The stockings normally go on the mantle, but Mia pulled one down on herself last year and still has a line on her forehead from the weight that was holding it in place. So we switched to tying them with ribbon on the railing.


Our REAL Christmas tree. We have a fake one, but we bought it to fit our apartment in the Village. It looks ridiculous in our front room. So Husband bought one from the store on his lunch break and we decorated that night. It smells wonderful!


This is where M has decided the ornaments really go. Her playpen. They simply don't belong on the tree, apparently. This is only half the ornaments she's taken off!



We have been decorating for Christmas! I'm including some pics of our decor, and a video of The Undecorator. This child cannot stand the ornaments actually being ON the Christmas tree! We got some cute video the morning after decorating the tree that shows her big sister trying to put the ornaments back on the tree and M is taking them off and throwing them faster than B could put them back on the tree. We bought new ornaments this year - the break proof kind. I am so glad that we did, or I'd probably still be finding glass! I figured that we would have to put an ornament or two back on the tree but at least she wouldn't get hurt and we could decorate the whole tree instead of the top half. Yeah, if I want to redecorate the tree 50+ times a day!!! So we've given up. Our tree is decorated on top and just lights on the bottom. That's our little bubble of trouble! B & M are both fascinated by my Precious Moments Christmas Village, too. I don't have anywhere higher to put it and so it is on a low table right within reach. Super glue has already been used! Next year I HAVE to find somewhere else to put it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Your decorations look so nice! I liked what you did with your stockings, that's a good idea.

When Kasie was a baby we had so many broken ornaments. A few years ago Damian broke Mary's hand off & I still need to fix it. Now they're old enough that I don't have to worry much.

Scooby and Jon said...

Tee-hee! That's fabulous.

Brenda said...

He, he, That's so funny what Mia does :) So are you going to wait until Christmas Eve to put it all back on :)

Teresa said...

I love your stocking idea. I might be doing the same. I've also found a bunch of ornaments around the house--how fun!

Anonymous said...

I have the stocking done for Isaac. I hope to have it mailed to you before you put all the decorations away, so that it will be ready for Christmas next year.

Jessica said...

Cute stockings and great pictures! Merry Christmas to you guys!

Oh and my blog is now public again:
http://rmfclan.blogspot.com/