B is constantly flying between helpful and not-so-helpful, princess and tomboy, happy and ornery (or as she says at the top of her lungs, I AM NOT ornery!!!!!!) A couple quick stories, then, to illustrate my point.
Yesterday, M and I slept in due to a late night on M's part. B got herself up and, seeing that I was asleep, proceeded to take care of herself. I thought she was getting breakfast and all that stuff. It was really quiet for a few minutes, so I got up to see what she was getting into. What she had gotten into was my drier. She had gotten all the rags that I'd washed and dried the day before and folded them - all by herself WITHOUT being asked! Needless to say, I was pretty thrilled with my big girl! Folding the rags and helping me clean her bathroom are her chores anyway, but I usually have to be there helping her for it to actually happen. She was pretty darn proud of herself, too.
Today, we went to visit some friends in student housing. B was having fun playing with all the kids. Some brilliant person from maintenance decided that this was the perfect time to turn on the sprinklers. Thanks, man. B and her friends of course ran through the sprinklers. Not a huge deal, it was warm out and she was wearing a light knit dress, which dried quickly. However, once the sprinklers were off there was a lovely puddle on the basketball court. B and her friends decided to SIT in it. Whatever, she was already wet. I let her play for awhile like that until it was time for us to go. She then realized that she didn't want to walk around or drive home in her very wet dress. She walked to the car holding her dress away from herself rather daintily, considering it was covered in filthy dirty water! I took her dress off but told her she would have to at least wear panties on the ride home. She didn't like that very much, since her panties were sopping wet from sitting in the gross water. She seemed to survive and even fell asleep halfway home. I asked her if she had fun playing in the water, thinking to myself what a great mom I am to let her get dirty without freaking out. She said it was not fun to be wet and dirty and that I should not have let her do that. I can't win!!! So which is she, girly-girl or tomboy?
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

4 comments:
I thought that was half the fun of being a girl...you don't have to choose between either.
I love how she turned it around and made it your fault. She is a character!
I was about to say she is a girly-girl, but I think that Scooby brings up a very good point.
Wow, Brynn is a big helper! Folding the laundry all by herself? That is really sweet. Emily does things like that on occasion, like suddenly cleaning her whole room and yelling "Tadda!" I think Brynn is a girly-girl who just happens to like to get dirty sometimes.
Post a Comment