Little sister had a birthday a few weeks ago. I can't believe she's 9 already! We sure love our sweet, funny, and silly sunshine girl. We took a couple of her friends with the family to see Zootopia. We tried a different theatre, it was supposed to be cheaper. The tickets were cheaper, but the concessions were not. Darn my promise of popcorn for all. Ah, well. We ended up on the front row, but that was fine because the seats were recliners. You just had to push a button to recline your seat. Oh, the kids were in heaven with that! Everyone enjoyed the movie. It was pretty cute. Afterward, I took little sister and her friends to The Chocolate for some birthday cupcakes. Little sister picked the lemon curd, 'cuz it was yellow. She loved it - SO yummy! I had a slice of The Husband. The most amazing yellow cake with a chocolate ganache. Mmmmmm. Then we headed home to get ready for the family party. Little sister loved sharing pizza and cake & ice cream with everyone. I love that our families are so supportive. Then we sent everyone to bed a bit early because it was daylight savings time. Little sister says it was a great birthday, so whew!
This whole having 4 kids at 4 different schools is starting to take a
toll on my psyche. I sent big brother on a day that he didn't actually have
school, oops. Completely forgot that big sister and big brother were also both off that Friday, good thing somebody reminded me on Thursday. Oy. Hopefully
next year is not so crazy. We're on spring break with those 2 this week, and little sister was off Friday and Monday. Trying to keep track of it all is making my head spin some days.
We went the dedication for the Provo
City Center Temple. Husband went with little sister to the first session. I watched my sisters boys overnight so that she and her husband could go to the first session as well. I took big sister to the noon session. It was so beautiful. I love that our
kids have had so many opportunities to have experiences with temples.
Next year we'll be able to take the older 3 to the Jordan River rededication.
Such wonderful blessings. I love the temple.
Husband and I changed up date night a bit last week and we went to a display at the Church History Museum called
Tell Me The Stories Of Jesus. It's an art competition they hold, where
people submit various pieces of art that relay the theme. It was so beautiful, and each piece had a
plaque explaining the artists inspiration for it. I loved being
reminded of all these different scriptures about the Savior, and
reflecting on Him in that peaceful space. We went to dinner at The
Garden in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I love date night.
I worked
in big brother's classroom last week like I do every Wednesday. He's doing
so well, but still gets confused easily and doesn't know how to express
it to the teacher. They are planning to get an aide to help him next
year. Each classroom has a teacher and a teacher's aide, and they're
wanting to get big brother his own aide to come in for about an hour every day
to work with him and make sure he's caught up and understands what's
going on. I am still really glad that we felt inspired to send
him to the charter school. He wouldn't get any of this help in a
regular school. Blessings, blessings! I reflect on how different he is
from the girls sometimes. Big sister and I read the book of Mormon between
January and May the year she turned 7 as part of a RS challenge, and it
was a great experience. She really seemed to understand a lot. We read
through it again before she turned 8. Little sister and I also read through it
twice before she was baptized. I want to do the same with big brother, and I
know he's capable of feeling the Spirit while we read. But I also know
he won't be able to understand as much as the girls both did. Oh, how I
love this boy. He sure teaches me patience. I'm not always a very
fast learner, but I am learning.
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment