Here's some fun pics from Little sister's baptism weekend. It was wonderful and
exhausting all at the same time. That's the best kind of weekend
though, right? Super crazy week! Easter Sunday I was feeling kinda
yucky. By Tuesday my sore throat hadn't gone away. Since I have a
heart murmur, I'm not supposed to take that lightly so I went to the
doctor as a precaution. To my surprise it was strep throat. Which is
weird 'cuz I have no tonsils, so I rarely get that anymore. Perfect.
I've got a huge weekend coming up and a house full of guests coming.
Why not add strep throat, right? Anyway. After 24 hours on antibiotics
I wasn't contagious anymore. So I spent Thursday cleaning like crazy
and spraying lysol on everything that stands still. Just in case any of
my germs lingered. My sister got here around 5 and we had lasagne,
salad and garlic bread for dinner. We all went to bed pretty early
since we had to be up really early the next day. We were all in the Logan Temple by
8:30am. Being in the celestial room with everyone was so beautiful. Then we
went to the sealing room. Allie grinned like a fool the whole time she
was being sealed to her parents. It was so stinking adorable! We had a
luncheon afterward given by Court's Aunt. Yummy pulled pork
sandwiches. Then we headed home right after so we could get everything
done for little sister's baptism. My goal was to get all the crazy stuff done
Friday night so Saturday would just be peaceful. I think we
succeeded. We had a BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs and brats.
Watermelon was yummy, too. While all the guys were there we had them
move the furniture around so we could fit everybody the next day. Shaye and Scooby helped me make the chicken salad for the luncheon on
Saturday, and I made frog eye salad. Tiffany and Ashley were very sad
that I hadn't made it for the BBQ that night. Poor babies. haha We
got to bed a little late Friday night, and up early Saturday to get
ready. Little sister's dress has pretty daisies on it, and I found a vintage bun
holder with daisies on it. She was really loving the daisy theme. We
all got ready in plenty of time, and Husband got to hold Allie for the
first time. That baby girl is Cedie all over again, it's so funny how
much she looks like her mama at that age! Shaye played the piano,
Tiffany led the music, Ashley and Courtney gave the opening and closing
prayers. Uncle Jon gave the talk on baptism. After Husband baptized her, she had to sit
on my lap wrapped in her towel for about 5 minutes. Poor thing. The
water was warm, but once she was wet she was freezing! As usual. After
we got her dressed, I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. I wrapped her
in a new yellow blanket to show her how The Comforter can help us. She
really likes the yellow blanket. It was all just perfect. We had a
nice luncheon at our house afterward, and then the boys went to play
basketball with Jeremy at his High School gym. Tiffany says that's the
nicest gym she's ever played in. Husband and Brodie were on the winning side, so they were
happy. I've been told it got pretty physical between Husband and Jon, which is typical. They love playing hard against each other! We girls just hung out and watched movies, then went to Cafe Rio
for dinner - nobody felt like cooking! We visited with Jeremy's family for a bit when they all got back from playing basketball. Then off to bed early again
'cuz the next day was Logan again for Allie's blessing. I have to say, I
think that Sacrament Meeting made me feel like this must be a bit of
what Heaven will be like. We took up
about 3 rows, and all the kids were scattered throughout sitting next
to their favorite friends/cousins. Sam kept insisting on sitting with Uncle Brodie. LOL Court gave Allie a beautiful blessing. Short and so sweet. Goodness,
the spirit was just so strong! It
was such a beautiful weekend full of all those happy things that come
from being part of the church of Jesus Christ.

Husband and our Great-Niece, baby Allie
Our pretty girl in her pretty dress
Family picture
Daddy and little sister all dressed in white
We kept having to tell little sister to give us her real smile. This is what we got when I asked her to stand next to the special daisy cakes we ordered.
I love this pic of Husband and his little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment