We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I figure I should write it down before I forget what happened. We had a leisurely morning with the girls enjoying the Thanksgiving parade. We had a nice breakfast of raspberry sweet rolls and then more parade watching. We got the potatoes in the crockpot and the turkey roasts going. I'm still really glad we did that. I'm not big on making soup with the carcass, so I usually end up tossing it. Sacrilege to some people, I know. Husband doesn't relish trying to get all the meat off the bones, either. The roasts are really easy to slice and no bones to deal with. Dinner was delicious. It was wonderful to be with my family. We played some games after dinner and then we ate pie. Boy howdy, did we eat pie. Chocolate, banana cream, pumpkin, apple, lemon meringue. I'm probably forgetting one. Anyway. Pie was yummy.
The day after Thanksgiving we got our Christmas decorations up. The kids were excited for this, but none as much as Big Brother. He's been waiting for this for about 4 months now. After getting decorations up, we went to a movie with my family. Big Hero 6. It was a fantastic show, all the kids loved it. Little sister, our sensitive child, had a hard time with the sad parts. I noticed big sister and big brother were teary-eyed, so I nudged Husband to grab our little sister. Sure enough, she was just holding back the tears. Once daddy touched her arm, the floodgates opened. She stayed on daddy's lap and sobbed, poor thing. Everything turns out fine (spoiler alert...) but it took her a bit to recover. Ah, our sensitive girl.
Saturday Husband stayed home while I went shopping with 2 of my sisters. My mom joined us after her hair appointment. It was fun to be with them. We ended the day with some football and cafe rio. It was a lovely weekend!
The kids had one more week to endure after Thanksgiving. I think that's the only way I got them out of bed that week. "Come on, only 4 more days and then you're done 'till next year!!" We were all thrilled to not have to get out of bed early this past Monday. On Sunday we watched the Christmas Devotional with Husband's family and enjoyed some yummy apple pie afterward. This week we've watched Christmas shows, done our gingerbread house, made gingerbread men, made Christmas countdown chains, and practiced Christmas Music for the girls piano recital. Husband took them each shopping last Saturday. They loved having time with Dad and picking out presents. The girls had spent several hours on Friday evening and Saturday morning doing extra chores to earn money so they could buy presents. They worked pretty well together. We're pretty close to being ready for Christmas, and we've been able to focus a bit more on the Reason we celebrate this beautiful season. We've watched a lot of nativity videos on youtube. The kids love it. This is our new favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrLoWt2tfqg&feature=youtu.be
I love Christmas time!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

1 comment:
I love pie. Like so much. It might be my favorite part of Thanksgiving, which is already my favorite holiday. Happy Christmas to you!
Post a Comment