Tuesday, July 29, 2014

First Day of School - part 1

Year round school is still proving to be awesome for us.  The kids had a great 3 weeks of summer and were both excited to go back.  It kinda bugged that so many people upon hearing that they were already heading back said "Oh, I'm so sorry!"  We're not sorry at all, and nobody feels bad when they're getting the rest of their break spread throughout the year.  It's all about the positive attitude, people!  Fortunately, my girls do pretty good with that.  They were excited for 5th and 2nd grade in a new (to them) school.  Due to boundary changes, we are at a different school this year.  It's so great that we can walk.  They were a little more nervous since they really didn't know where anything was in this school.  We went early and walked around, and the school held an open house so you could meet the teachers and hear how things would be run in their classrooms.  By the time I left, the girls seemed pretty comfortable.  They both had great days.  Big sister loves her teacher, and from the little I saw I can tell she's my kind of people.  Big sister is going to do great in her class.  Little sister is thrilled to have a BOY teacher!!!  He seems pretty fantastic, too.  They came home smiling and happy and ready to get homework done.  And we are back in it!  Until our break in September, that is.  Big brother will start his preschool next week.  He is excited, and I am excited for him.  I'm still feeling so good about our decision to wait one more year before kindergarten.  He is progressing so well, and his confidence is already higher.  Just imagine what 1 more year will do!  And now, the traditional 1st day pics:

 Big sister - she's getting WAY too grown up!
 Little sister
Cute sisters!  Big sister really watched out for little sister on the playground before the bell rang.  She pushed her on the swing and made sure she felt safe and happy.  Love these girls!

No comments: