Monday, December 23, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Last week was pretty mellow, except for Thursday.  Thursday was NUTS!  I had scheduled an overdue dentist appointment for the whole family without realizing that Big Brother's preschool program was the same day.  So we went to the dentist and then took big brother and little sister to my friend's house so that she could take them to the program along with her daughter.  That way at least he would be on time.  Did I mention the snowstorm we got hit with?  It was a good one!  I LOVE those kind of snowstorms, and I don't normally mind driving in them.  But I couldn't get our minivan out of the dentist's parking lot.  I finally managed to get us onto the road.  Whew!  And then I went home and swapped for the truck to go back and pick up Husband.  Four wheel drive is AwEsOmE!!!  Anyway.  No cavities for anyone, but Husband had a filling that needed to be redone.  We had to schedule for later in the day.  Then we hurried on over to the program.  I've decided I need to have my friend take big brother to all his programs.  Her daughter just took him by the hand up to the front, and voila!  He performed pretty well, considering.  I could tell he wasn't super comfortable, but he did great.  He smiled when he saw us, but didn't come running.  Huge steps.  I was so glad for this, because his talk in Primary last week did not go well.  He was all excited, and at the last second couldn't do it.  Fortunately little sister bailed him out.  Anyway.  I digress.  It was an adorable program.  His teacher (my dear friend) is seriously the most awesome preschool teacher!  We didn't stay for Santa since big brother is a fan from a distance.  We did manage to snap a couple class shots.  I love this one with big brother looking at the cute friend that brought him.  Adorable.

 He can focus sometimes!
 After the program, we took everybody home.  Then I got back in the van and drove through the storm to pick up Kylie at BYU.  All things considered, it wasn't too bad of a drive.  The hardest part was getting out of our street, which never gets plowed.  We made it home in time to get the kids in their snow gear and head downtown to Temple Square.  It was snowy and wet, but not too bad since we were bundled up appropriately!  And, the bonus being that there was not much of a crowd.  Perfect for me!  Some of their lights weren't working, probably because of the snow.  But most of it was lit up and it was beautiful!  We had a lot of fun!
Of course, afterward, we HAD to go to Chuck-a-Rama.  We tried to suggest somewhere else, but apparently we can't go see the lights at temple square without going to dinner at Chuck-a-Rama.  Big brother had 3 helpings of salad.  That kid is serious about salad.  He barely had room leftover for a little big of ice cream!  Kylie had her first caffeinated beverage since starting at BYU - she said it was delish.  The kids all had a great time!

And now we're just gearing up for Christmas Eve and Christmas.  YAY!

No comments: