Big brother starts back to his special needs preschool next week. And not a moment to soon. He is bored out of his mind without his sisters around. Usually by 10am he is asking if it's time to pick up the "gwurls" yet. He will have a new bus driver this year. While I'm a little sad that we don't get Mr. Ray again, his new driver is the same gal that drove little sister during her last year. So we know her and she's fantastic. She stopped by to introduce herself last Saturday. She is not required to do this, but I love that she does. She understands how difficult change is for these kids and it will help immensely for him to recognize her when the bus rolls up next week.
Little sister got to give a talk in church on Sunday. It is still amazing to me how far she has come. She read an entire story from The Friend all on her own. She didn't just read in a monotone voice, she read with some serious expression. There were a couple of funny parts, and she would laugh to herself and look up to see if anybody else was laughing. She seemed surprise both times when nobody else got it. Her latest take-home reading book from school has words like "scientific method" and "hypothesis" in it. She is an amazing little reader, especially considering that 3 years ago she could barely talk! She is still hilarious as ever. I only manage to write about half of it down. She was at a friends a few weeks ago and asked the mom for a tissue. The mom told her they didn't have any, they just used toilet paper. Little sister sounded incredulous as she said, "What kind of house doesn't have tissue?!?" My friend told me later that she was trying not to laugh but her husband was in the kitchen losing it. No filter, my friends. If she thinks it, it's coming out of her mouth! While getting the girls ready for picture day yesterday, she brought me an outfit. I asked if that's what she wanted to wear and she said yes. I told her that was a good choice and she would look very cute. She said "Yes, the cameraman will fall in love with me because I am so beautiful." I said "We are in trouble with you, aren't we." She said "Yep." She keeps us on our toes, that's for sure!
Little brother is a flirt and a charmer. It doesn't matter who sits behind us in church, they usually ask if they can take him home after Sacrament Meeting. In fact, I usually get 2 or 3 people saying they'd love to take him home. He laughs and talks to anyone, and usually will hand them one of his cars and insist that they play with him. His current favorite phrase is "I CUTE!" He certainly is. And he knows it. Another one that we're in trouble with, I think!
Big sister is doing well in school. We have been reading the Harry Potter books together and we are on the 6th one. It's so fun to see her expressions and hear her exclamations as the plot twists and turns. She loves to write little notes to everyone in the family and decided this week that she is going to be the family "reporter" and make a family newspaper. She loves to be creative, and I love it!
We celebrated husband's birthday this month. The kids love celebrating birthdays! Husband got a new Kindle Fire and I think they love it slightly more than him. LOL. We tried to go up the canyon for a nature walk and picnic, but unfortunately it started raining about 3 minutes after we got to our destination. So we packed it up and came home. We tried, anyway! The girls are off track next month, so we may have to try that one again. We also had a little party for Cedie's birthday. The kids were so thrilled to see her and play with her. They sure miss her!
Multiplying Fractions
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment