Monday, May 13, 2013

No pictures

I've been trying for days to upload pictures and Blogger just won't let me.  Grrr.  So we're going to do a run-down with no pics:

Little sister had her kindergarten program.  She was hilarious, as usual.  They were supposed to do an animal report on two animals, then dress up as both animals for the program.  She chose a lion and a tiger.  She kept telling everyone she was a Liger.  They also had to memorize 3 facts for each animal.  They were given a button (sticker) that the parents would push to bring them to life.  She had those facts down, my friends.  She said them with confidence.  I was surprised that there were only a couple other kids that were actually willing to tell me their facts, and in very tiny voices.  For her costume, I opted to go the easy route.  We ordered headbands and tails that went around her waist from Amazon.  $20, and saved me so much time and frustration.  Worth every penny!  She was the cutest liger you've ever seen.  Sure wish I could post a picture...

Big brother turned 4.  We celebrated with a family party the weekend before.  He loved the burritos and sort of ate some cake/frosting.  He loved his new train sets the most.  That is, until his actual birthday when we gave him his very own toy hair dryer.  We removed it from the package and showed him that it made a "real" noise and there's confetti that whirls around inside it.  His response was "COOL!"  Husband and I feel we really need to help him redefine what is cool.  At least I managed to find a gender neutral hair dryer as opposed to all the pink barbie ones that are out there. 

Big sister turned 9.  We had a family party with hamburgers and hot dogs.  I have been in a bit of a funk lately, and I ended up sick that weekend.  So husband took her to the store to pick out her cakes.  They didn't taste as good as homemade, but she had way more fun picking them out so, WIN!  She loved her new scooter and she and little sister are constantly on the back patio riding together now.  Then this past weekend, we did a surprise party with her friends.  I'm amazed that they all managed to keep the secret!  I had one friend from school deliver invitations for me there and thought for sure she'd find out.  Our sweet neighbor kept her distracted for a couple hours while I got things ready.  She was surprised!  She told me later she almost cried because she just felt so happy when she saw everyone.  Guess mom got one right there!  I kept it very simple.  We played two very easy games.  One where they all joined hands and had to get a hula hoop from one end of the line to the other without letting go.  The other, we blindfolded her and gave her two wooden spoons.  Each guest came up and stood in front of her and she could only use the spoons to decipher who it was.  Gigglers are dead giveaways here.  That was pretty fun.  Then they played till the pizza arrived.  They ate, did presents and cake, then played till the parents came.  Fairly low key and easy, but they all had fun.  Successful birthday!

Then on Saturday we took the whole family out to the sand dunes with Daddy and Grandpa and Uncle Matthew.  Grandpa took the plunge and bought a toyhauler, so we reaped the benefits of going out and having somewhere to put the kids besides sand.  Daddy loved having us there, since usually four-wheeling means a whole day away from his family.  The kids loved playing in the sand and in the new trailer.  It was a very nice day.

And Little brother's favorite catchphrase of late is "Hulk SMASH!"  He has a teeny tiny voice, and his growl is as terrifying as a kitten, so this is hilarious to me.  He also likes to say "I CUTE!"  He sure as heck is!

No comments: