Tuesday, August 28, 2012

In which we discuss how August went by too fast...


Wow, it's been a month since I posted last!  August was slightly less crazy than July, but only slightly.  Here's our rundown:

We took the oldest 3 to Lagoon!  The age range on our kids being 3 to 8 made it a little more of a challenge to find stuff they could all do together.  We split up a few times and the kids managed to have a very fun day.  I can't wait until they are all old enough to make the waterpark feasible, then I'll feel like we're getting our money's worth!  Haha!

 Daddy, big brother and big sister on the ladybug drop.  Little sister refused to go on it.  Big brother, remarkably, seemed to really like it!  He seemed a little confused by the whole amusement park thing for the first little while...
 If you look closely you can see all 3 of them...
 Big sister and big brother testing their driving skills
 Little sister is a very good driver!

We also celebrated niece's birthday!  The kids loved making Cedie feel special all day.  I took her to my friend's house to get a makeover and some new makeup - doesn't she look pretty?  We love having her around - the kids love when she plays with them and tickles them!


Next we celebrated Daddy's birthday!  We had a yummy dutch oven breakfast and then we presented Daddy with his present - a brand new laptop!  Which was a clever disguise for what it really is - An exercise in frustration.  The point was for our desktop and laptop to be on the same network and share files and all that fancy jazz.  Unfortunately, our 2 computers are not speaking to each other.  Grrr.  But ultimately we worked out something else and got it all working so YAY!
 For Daddy's birthday dinner, we did a dutch oven dinner in our backyard.  So yummy, and the bonus being that we could roast marshmallows in the firepit with the leftover coals! 
 Little sister loves to be silly.  And eat marshmallows.  And wear mismatched pajamas.  She dislikes roasted marshmallows and s'mores.  They are too messy on her hands and in her mouth.
 Big sister is an expert marshmallow roaster now.  She also makes a mean s'more.
 Little brother discovered a love for graham crackers - his first "real people" food.
 Big brother also prefers his marshmallows un-roasted.  And he is so very handsome.
 Daddy's birthday peach cobbler.  It was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!


And school is officially in again!  We had a wonderful summer, but we were all ready for school to start up.  Big brother started last Thursday, but we did not get a picture of his 1st day because I was also hosting a dutch oven dinner in the backyard for our Relief Society  that evening.  I was preoccupied.  He had a fabulous first day.  He was a little wary of the new bus driver, but quickly warmed up to Mr. Ray, who is super nice and friendly.  The district seems to be pretty careful about who they assign the preschool route!  Big sister started today.  What is it about the first day that actually gets them out of bed?  She was up plenty early this morning and dressed and ready to go before I had even planned on getting her up.  We'll see how long that lasts - probably until the new clothes have all been worn once!  Here she is, all ready to go!

 And our adorable big brother
Little sister will start kindergarten next week.  She is super excited!  I am excited that there will be 2 days a week where it's just me and little brother for about an hour.  What to DO with myself?  I'm sure I'll figure something out!

No comments: