Monday, May 7, 2012

Another long post...





Don't you love little brother's face here?  I love those chubby cheeks!  Which, by the way, are the only chubby part about him.  It's been awhile, and a lot has been happening.  So here's another long/boring post! 
Big brother turned 3!!!!  It was a big deal around here.  Since his actual birthday was a Monday, we celebrated like crazy the Saturday before.  We had pancakes and bacon for breakfast, which he loved.  We had a party that evening with the family and he loved his burritos.  We're pretty sure his favorite present was Minnie, followed by Mickey.  When  he opened the Minnie Mouse he gasped and ripped the rest of the paper off with gusto, announcing "Ta-da!" when the wrapping paper was all off.  He sleeps cuddled up with Minnie every night, now. 


 



The day after his actual birthday he got to start preschool.  I was nervous about how this would go, and it went about as I expected.  When the bus came, he was a little excited, but more nervous.  When I put him on the bus, he started trying to get away.  Strapping him down into the car seat straps was downright cruel, as far as he was concerned!  He kept reaching out for me as I walked off the bus and shouting "WAIT!  WHERE GOING?"  Just as I expected.  He came home 3 hours later with a giant smile on his face and our fabulous bus driver told me that he stopped crying before she reached the end of our street.  When she went to pick him up he was playing with the other kids and having a marvelous time.  Exactly as I expected!  Before he actually went, I couldn't get him to put his backpack on and when I mentioned school he would shout "NO!"  Now he puts his backpack on all the time, and he came home that first day trying to spell his name and saying his abc's.  Yup.  This preschool is going to be very good for him!  We took the 1st day of school picture after he got back and was happy about the whole school thing:


He also got into my mascara last week...
 
 

 In other news, little brother has started walking.  He's 10 months, so in my opinion this is way too early!  But he is quite the little walker!  We are in SERIOUS trouble now!  Good thing he's so darned cute!  I need to get a video of his new talent...

Little sister is still determined to be a chicken nugget for Halloween.  She mentions it often.  I should really start looking into that one - I am hoping I can find one 'cuz I don't think I'm up to making that costume!  

Big sister is about to turn 8.  Oh, my!  I can't believe she's really old enough to be baptized!  We finished our Book of Mormon challenge well ahead of schedule.  What an awesome girl this daughter of mine is.  She's so excited to turn 8 and get her ears pierced.  We let her invite a couple of friends to go out to her favorite restaurant on Saturday.  She loved going to the Olive Garden.  We then went and picked out some fantastic nail polish and did manicures/pedicures.  Big sister picked out some that glows in the dark.  She was in heaven.  No pictures, unfortunately. 

Last but not least, Husband and I went to Vegas last week.  He had a manager's conference for work, so I tagged along.  We had a marvelous time.  The company provided dinner Wednesday night, as well as tickets to Cirque de Soleil.  Awesome show.  Thursday Husband had meetings all day, so I was on my own.  I enjoyed a nice run in the fitness center, then went back to our room and ordered some room service for breakfast.  We stayed at the Orleans, and their room service was fantastic.  I lounged in our room until the pool opened, and then I went and sat by the pool with my book.  I read an entire book without being interrupted by a single child!  A big thank you to our niece, my sister and my mother in law for helping take care of the kiddos so we could go.  I so very much needed that break!  After husband got done with his meetings, we went over to the MGM grand and ate at the Rainforest Cafe.  So yummy!  Then we drove over to the Venetian and walked around the shops and ate gelato.  It was nice to go back to the hotel room and just sleep in with no kids climbing into bed with us.  We ate breakfast at the buffet in the hotel and then headed home.  I wish it could have been more of a break for husband, but we both really enjoyed having an all night date Thursday night.  It was good for both of us to have a little break!  And now, back to reality!
 

No comments: